Sign in to follow this  
Demious

P3D 2.5 multiplayer problems

When I set up a multiplayer session on my network and have a second player join the session, either through ‘Join Session’ or ‘Connect Directly’, the whole environment/world of the joined player rocks from side to side, or as I saw in another aircraft, back and forth. You can see the horizon sway from left to right, or up and down. The environment of the session host is fine, it’s only the joined player that is affected.

Another thing I noticed is that every aircraft I tried so far has one or two functions that dont work properly when controlled from my Saitek panels. Which functions that are how they behave differs from aircraft to aircraft. For example, with the Carenado Skymaster the cowl flap switch sometimes works in the host cockpit, but not at all in the joined player's cockpit. Or when I setup SPAD and FSUIPC with a control number send to cowl flaps increase/decrease with control repeated while held, they flaps move only halfway.

Another one is with the RealAir T Duke, where the battery switch doesnt work at all for both host and joined player. All the functions that have problems this way, do work perfectly when controlled by mouse, though

Advise on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Maarten

When I set up a multiplayer session on my network and have a second player join the session, either through ‘Join Session’ or ‘Connect Directly’, ... on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

I thought you could not do shared cockpit in P3d!...could you do a video for us?

Thanks, Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I wouldnt mind if I knew how, but I've been trying to record stuff some time ago, but I end up with files that arent recognized by any video or conversion program I have...

But it's not that hard to do, it hasnt changed much from FSX times. When both computers are connected to the same network, it are 5 or 6 steps for both host and joining players, as is described in the manual.

I dont know if it would matter, but I do have the P3D folders shared between both computers, from testing other software, this week.

But there are quite a few minor flaws, though. Besides the problems above, I also noticed that from the joined player the FD is going it's own way at times and doesnt follow the host FD. Another thing is that I had CRS set to 205 degrees and in both host and joined aircraft, the HSI read 172, but still was flying 205...

Cheers!

Maarten

So you can't share cockpits over the net using P3d... And my inferring something that you were not saying?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You might be right, but I havent tried it yet. This is the first time I'm playing around with multi-player in P3D. I was searching for information about multi-channel for P3D, to link 2 computers, when I found a post where someone mentioned multi-player for my kind of setup, so I just had a go at it. It seemed simple enough.

And so far it works, for a couple of minor flaws I have to work out, but those arent severe enough to prevent me from flying.

With a panel view that has no head bobbing, you dont notice the swaying and I didnt have any control bugs yet I couldnt overcome in flight.

Cheers!

Maarten