Sign in to follow this  
cap10jaf

E-JETS MCP buttons enlarged

TWIMC,

Apologies first.  I fly FS9 2D panels IFR on VATSIM and gave-up on the Feelthere ERJ-170/190 long ago because the MCP buttons were too small and unreadable.

Recently an addition to the AVSIM library offered a panel .cfg that would expand the MCP using the shift+5 key press.  It worked well, but not the quite the solution for me because the new MCP window had to be closed each time to fully view the overhead panel.

Long and short, I was trying to learn how to write an .XML gauge that would quick-toggle the MCP when I realized that some sloppy photoshop used with GAUBMP2 was a perfect solution for my my flying style.

Night...

123bcp3.png

and day...

n5d9i.png

All buttons work exactly as the original, but now I can read them.   Hope this helps some other old geezer who almost gave up on this plane.

Back to life,

GD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi GD,

I like the way the MCP is looking.

Can you give me an idea on how to do the mod?

Steve

Hi GD,

I like the way the MCP is looking.

Can you give me an idea on how to do the mod?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I used a little freeware utility called GAUBMP2 to open the "EJet.gau" file found in the panel folder of each plane. 

The program allows you to extract bitmaps from the gauge folder and modify them using photoshop/paintshop/GIMP and such, and then place them back in to the gauge file.

I copied and enlarged each mcp button (I started with the larger versions from the MCP bitmaps 656.bmp [day] & 657.bmp [night]) and made new text for them, then centered and pasted each button  back on the original bitmap.  (5.bmp [day] & 6.bmp [night]). 

That's all.  It works exactly like the original with the exception of being able to read the buttons on my old system.

Not sure if it's legal for me to offer you my modified versions of those two bitmaps or I would. 

It would save you an hour of monotony.

Peace and good luck,

GD

Sign in to follow this