Sign in to follow this  
coryb13

OOM at Cruise

Hello,

I have some early findings of a potential memory issue in the 777 since the update (running version 1.10.6492). I am well-versed in what causes OOMS, how to prevent them, etc, and have never seen my sim OOM under these circumstances. I have 2 scenarios:

Scenario #1

• ActiveSkyNext active
  • TrackIR active
  • FS2Crew active
  • Departed OTHH (using Taxi2Gate scenery that I downsized textures in to reduce memory consumption) to SBGR (TropicalSim 2015 version) in the 777-200LR
  • ILSY09R programmed for SBGR during preflight
  • Reached cruise of 32000 ft
  • WX Radar ON for the majority of cruise
  • Cruised for approximately 9 hours
  • Out of memory error/crash at cruise over the Atlantic Ocean after not switching views since the initial climb
  • Only active scenery areas are T2G OTHH, Tropical Sim SBGR, all base scenery/cities, Ultimate Terrain, AES, FTX Vector, and FTX Global

I did not want to lose the flight, so I decided to refly with time acceleration (also to see if the OOM would happen again)

Scenario #2

• ActiveSkyNext active
  • TrackIR active
  • FS2Crew active
  • Departed OTHH (using Taxi2Gate scenery that I downsized textures in to reduce memory consumption) to SBGR (TropicalSim 2015 version) in the 777-200LR
  • ILSY09R programmed for SBGR during preflight
  • Reached cruise of 32000 ft
  • WX Radar OFF for cruise
  • Cruised for approximately 2 hours using 8X max time accceleration
  • No OOM error or warning, even after landing and switching views
  • Only active scenery areas are T2G OTHH, Tropical Sim SBGR, all base scenery/cities, Ultimate Terrain, AES, FTX Vector, and FTX Global

The two biggest changes between the two flights are the usage of weather radar and the time spent at cruise. I will most likely continue investigating the issue as I would like to of course track down if the issue is 777 related or not. I'd appreciate if others would post as well if they have had a similar experience.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same event except it was LFPG-KJFK and wx radar on, was at 3.9GB of VAS about 4 hours in.