Sign in to follow this  
Guest dansteph

FSPassengers

>So, being that I am just too lazy to rehash all this with>myself, I will say that Aircraft fly -- aircraft crash -- and>people DO die from it. However it IS still the safest mode of>transportation out there, unless of course, you are flying>virtual passengers -- which I think have a lower life>expectancy than real humans.I often wonder whether Aircraft trully is the safest mode of transportation. The calculation is flawed. A aircraft with 300 passengers that flew to Germany from Detroit gets awarded (300 X 4500miles)1.3 million safe passenger miles. The calculation should be a take off and landed is a single flight. If this is the basis, would air travel still be the safest????Vern

Guest ecv737

Enough S... de Toro.Aside from the screaming passengers and the casualty list ,What else does this addon adds to the simulation.In you opinion, is it worth buying it?Does it impact the fps ?Edmundo Cardenas

Hi Dan,I downloaded the demo and changed the aircraft to the LDS767 for the flight from KSFO-KSEA. The flight went without a hitch even though I was diverted, using real weather, to land at 'RW16R'. I never heard a thing, during the flight, was it because I changed the aircraft?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dansteph

did you started a FSP flight ? :)Dan

Guest Pilot3033

I've been using the demo for a while now, and I must say I'm almost to the point where the price is looking good. Wish it was a little lower though.Personally, I love the program. I have shown NO FPS hits thus far, and have loved having something more in the game. Carrer mode is excellent, you must build your pilot up, in order to fly those heavies. My pilot is currently working his way off the single engine Cessnas, so he can start with some MET hops from SFO. I would say that the GA aspect is a little downplayed, but it's to be expected. You would not REALLY find a FA on a King Air, or a Dash 6 in the bush. Furthermore, the program adds failures based on your aircrafts history and MX well being. I've had to watch my gauges now, I actually lost all Oil Pressure in a prop I bought for cheap. Death is part of life, and FSPax does not really encourage you to crash and burn. In fact there are steep penalties for doing things like keeping the landing lights on aboe 10,000, or pushing the barber pole. As far as the warzone goes, I would say it adds a really fun element to the game. How well can you land a plane that has been shot by an Anti-Aircraft gun, and is having cascading failures? If you land safely you big HUGE points for your pilot, you crash, you get an equal amount in the red.It's at least worth a look.-Matt