Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Problem with the pmdgoption.dll of the pmdg 777

Hi randazzo your welcome  B)

Like i said i don't blame PMDG, you are doing a great job and the T7 is my favorite airplane.I blame my VAS usage which is a huge problem for me... BUT im now testing the following things since 2 days and that work.

I don't move my sliders down but like pcubine say in his post above to answer at my following question "Can VAS increase from 3.3gb to 4gb and make me OOM with bad weather ?"

Yes if the plane is exposed to it over an extended period of time measured in hours. KLAX-LFPG would OOM after about 8-10 hours if flying over a solid overcast continuously. Not a likely scenario. 

So what im doing without move down my sliders in the fsx settings is step by step:

-1 start ASN only for the take off/climb and approach/landing

-2 after take off, kill couatl.exe process if im not flying to one of FSDT sceneries and kill as_audio.exe i win between 70MB and 100MB of VAS just doing that

-3 check my fsx.cfg between 2 flights and keep  max_texture_load to 1024 (you will need to check that for each flight after using FSDT scenery)

The result is yesterday i stay more than 10 hours in mega airport CDG without OOM and today im actualy flying RJAA to LFPG both airport with sceneries, my VAS is very stable and not increase 200MB/hour like before.

6h30 flight time remaining and my VAS is 2,2MB (started with 1,8MB) and not increase if i don't often go to the VC (increase 10MB per 10MB each time i go for five minutes in the VC)

So i don't think those steps will solve all my OOM but a lot of them for sure, and i can enjoy my bird in ultra high setting keeping VAS stable.

I will make other flights in the next week and if that work for me like that this topic will be solved.  ^_^

NOTE: im using DX10 fixer and shade too

I will make other flights in the next week and if that work for me like that this topic will be solved.
One other thing you might consider is flying with no exterior model. You loose any views from outside the plane like spot view, right and left over wing, right and left wing forward, etc. Page #6 of this document explains how to do it - http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Guide-to-getting-the-most-out-of-the-PMDG-777NG.pdf. Something to consider.

So i don't think those steps will solve all my OOM but a lot of them for sure, and i can enjoy my bird in ultra high setting keeping VAS stable.

My approach is to enjoy my weather, scenery and T7 aircraft (I don't like artificial traffic) and monitor VAS remaining with the FSUIPC logger that displays the value right on the "chrome" bar of the simulation (FSX or P3D).  I rarely have a problem during the flight regardless of duration but I will often save the flight a few minutes before TOD (especially before the TOD pause if enabled). Exit and restart the simulation and load the flight, which will return to the state I left it in in just a few seconds and I end up with an extra 0.80 Gb or so of VAS for the end of my flight.  My general rule is that if my VAS remaining is less than 1Gb at TOD then I should save, exit and reload and this assures that I will have an uneventful taxi to gate and shutdown regardless of scenery.  Saving, exiting and reloading a flight is much preferred to an OOM error after a long VHHH-KDFW flight that overflies the beautiful Orbx N Calif and Rockies sceneries.

Dan Downs KCRP

@Pcubine, thanks i will read that just after this post  ^_^

I agree with you Downscc but i fly with VAFS tracker and im not sure if i save the flight and restart fsx my latest position will be save.I can't use speed in my flight too or make a pause, i have to flight in real time.

Of course if im not with the VAFS tracker i can do that and flying normal with ASN and other add-ons.

Im now at 660nm of my airport arrival and VAS is only 2,25MB... i will put ASN juste before TOD.

With mega CDG airport and ASN i expect VAS between 2,6MB and 2,9 at the end of flight which is very nice.

Best regards

Of course if im not with the VAFS tracker i can do that and flying normal with ASN and other add-ons.

You only need to decide how to use 4Gb of VAS that meets your needs; however, as implied you do have to make trade-offs.  My preferences are very different from others in that I do not enjoy simulated airline management so it's a pleasure to just "kick the tires" and fly off to wherever I want in my B77W.  LOL. Real management is bad enough, I didn't even know someone out there came up with a virtual airline manager simulation until I googled your reference to VAFS. How interesting!

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Today huge test, LFPG to SPIM ( i don't have scenery in Lima) it's about 11hr30-12hr flight time take off from LFPG with VAS 2,520 and leaving this area and kicking ASN and couatl.exe for cruise VAS drop to 2,355 stable at the moment.Yesterday on the gate A18 (concorde gate  :rolleyes: ) VAS was 2,780.Nice weather in France at this moment so landing at -109ft/mn.

I noticed VAS always increase crossing the ocean so i put my water slider to low 1.x to avoid OOM over atlantic.