Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Activation in FSX SE

When the NGX is first loaded in FSX SE and is also loaded in FSX MS (on a networked machine) does it apply the normal activation routine?

I have both the NGX and T7 loaded in FSX SE and basically neither will load and crash FSX when selected.

Ryan is looking at the problem but I wondered if anyone else has a similar setup and is managing to get the thing to work.

Thanks

I have a concurrent FSX/FSXSE installation as well as most beta testers and many users.  A FSX CTD on selecting the aircraft is most commonly a dll.xml problem but there are other reasons that pop up from time to time.

It would be helpful to provide a recap of the steps you've take thus far, for example have you read and followed the recommendations in the read me file for Steam users?

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been in contact with Ryan and he is stumped by these problems. 

I have followed the instructions in the file you mentioned but without success.

The dll.xml has a single entry in it when the NGX is loaded and that is the HUD interface dll. When i load the 777 a couple more are added - RAASPRO and the PMDG Interface.

I'm planning to uninstall the lot including the OS and start again but have the PC think it is a standalone not part of a LAN. I want to trigger the activation which doesn't happen at the moment and see if that makes a difference.

I have loaded the Aerosoft A320 and I get asked to enter serial details during the process. Can't understand why PMDG doesn't but that may be down to my my level of understanding of these things. 

I only want to have the NGX and 777 loaded on two platforms for a short space of time while I move everything across to the newer higher specced machine the FSX (Boxed) will be removed and with it the PMDG products.

We'll see what happens over the coming days.