Sign in to follow this  
Bentree1961

ORBX update seems to effect my PMDG B738 NGX

Hello,

FSX told me during startup that ORBX Objectflow.dll can be updated to the new version and asked me if i wanted that.

After confirming FSX shut down and ORBX objectflow.dll is downloaded and installed.

After that FSX can be restarted.

I did this four times, every single time it effects the PMDG B738 product.

What happens after updating Objectflow.dll is that:

1. FSX is starting up much slower.

2. When selecting a pre-saved PMDG B738 situation, the PMDG product is not initialising and the gauges are blacked out.

Restarting the situation of the aircraft is not solving the problem, also not reinstalling the aircraft or save a new situation and try again.

To solve the problem i had to use Acronis and install back a backup.

I was working on this for three weeks and set updates back for four times already.

For me it is clear that this problem is caused by the objectflow update from ORBX, but nobody reported any issue like this on the ORBX forum.

Are there more people having this problem?

Or better, is this an known (and solved) issue?

My FSX is running ok now after installing my backup, but every time i startup FSX

i have to ignore the objectflow update report by clicking "no" (do not install the updateflow update).

I am talking about FSX, not FSX SE.

Kind regards,

Ben

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

After re-installing the NGX, did it load okay for a Free Flight default start up?  You are right about one thing, if this was a common problem both forums would be overloaded.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for jumping in.

After reinstalling NGX it did not load up properly too.

I know that we should load up FSX in default first.

What i try to do now is to uninstall NGX, ubdate Objectflow and after that reinstall NGX.

Maybe that will do something, because this is what i did not do untill now.

Regards,

Ben

I think I'm using the same version Objectflow.dll, being as I just bought and installed it

recently. My Objectflow.dll is dated 4/24/2015, and I do have the updater, which I assume

is working, and I would have the recent version being as it's never said anything about

changing.

So far, I can't say that I've seen it have any effect on the NGX here so far. All seems normal

on this end. Of course, most of the airports I land at with the 737 don't have much objectflow

that I know of, but I don't think that would matter judging from your description of slow starting,

and PMDG mayhem.

I'm running Global and Vector with all the latest updates I think being it's all fairly fresh.

And a good number of the airports are installed, and I remember uploading all the newest

LIB objects in the process.