Sign in to follow this  
Charlie21

MCP2 freezed

Hi,

I'm using a VRI MCP2 Airbus device with Prepar3D 2.5, FSUIPC 4.939n, LINDA 2.6.3 and PMDG 737NGX.

Occasionally the MCP2 locks up while flying (no idea why), and the only way to recover it is turning off/on the device and restarting Prepar3D. I tried other combinations as restarting LINDA, reloading the Lua engine but none works.

Have anyone experienced this problem ?

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all,

I experience a very similar problem. 

My configuration:

VRi Boeing MCP-II

P3D v2.4, win7 x64,

FSUIPC 4.939n,

LINDA 2.6.4,

PMDG 737NGX module 3.4.

As well occasionally while flying the device locks up, partially or completely (after a while, usually airborne). Everything starts always with radio stack panel. Initially only some digits disappear/are replaced e.g. with a dot and ultimately almost all digits on the radio stack are replaced by some erroneous digits/letters.

Sometimes the other parts of the MCP work, sometimes the device is completely locked. Also sometimes while pushing again the NAV button or COM button the radio stack's LCD display gets refreshed and then the erroneous characters appear again (after pushing any of the NAV/COM buttons again).

That's how the display looks like when it's locked (before it locked up, it had shown NAV1-set and proper frequencies, fully working). I can't find anything peculiar in LINDA's console.

capture.png

Could you please advise and help me to resolve my problem?

Thanks in advance!

It turned out, that the same issues occur with XPUIPC and X-Plane. Even without LINDA (with basic VRISim only).

With the basic software all works fine except the COM panel's LCD. It is possible to change the frequencies and the FSX/X-Plane reads the frequencies, but they do not appear properly on the MCP's COM panel (e.g. odd digits are replaced by a dot and while turning the knob to change the frequencies and some of the digits are skipped or don't reflect the digits that are displayed in the simulator).

I suspect that one of the 4 elements may be crippled:

• MCP Combo II hardware itself,
  • MCP Combo II firmware - is there any possibilty to re-install somehow the firmware? If there is any, could any of you advise how to do it?
  • FTDI driver itself.
  • FTDI driver settings. Did any of you change the default settings of USB to Serial Port device?

If any of you has any idea, please advise.

It turned out, that the same issues occur with XPUIPC and X-Plane. Even without LINDA (with basic VRISim only).

With the basic software all works fine except the COM panel's LCD. It is possible to change the frequencies and the FSX/X-Plane reads the frequencies, but they do not appear properly on the MCP's COM panel (e.g. odd digits are replaced by a dot and while turning the knob to change the frequencies and some of the digits are skipped or don't reflect the digits that are displayed in the simulator).

I suspect that one of the 4 elements may be crippled:

• MCP Combo II hardware itself,
  • MCP Combo II firmware - is there any possibilty to re-install somehow the firmware? If there is any, could any of you advise how to do it?
  • FTDI driver itself.
  • FTDI driver settings. Did any of you change the default settings of USB to Serial Port device?

If any of you has any idea, please advise.

In case you are, you should not be running VRSim with LINDA.  They do not work together.

Hi,

I'm using a VRI MCP2 Airbus device with Prepar3D 2.5, FSUIPC 4.939n, LINDA 2.6.3 and PMDG 737NGX.

Occasionally the MCP2 locks up while flying (no idea why), and the only way to recover it is turning off/on the device and restarting Prepar3D. I tried other combinations as restarting LINDA, reloading the Lua engine but none works.

Have anyone experienced this problem ?

Thanks,

I have not seen this problem of the MCP freezing.  The recovery procedure of restarting your Sim (P3D) is the only way to restart FSUIPC4 and LINDA core.  This is the case if your start the Sim without first switching on the MCP.

I assume the MCP is working correctly at the start and then stops.  This would suggest that communication between the MCP and Windows is being interrupted.  Check that you have the latest FDTI serial drivers installed for the USB com port that the MCP connects to.