Sign in to follow this  
smoothchat

Slow Saitek rotary update

Hi guys.

I'm having a lot of fun with Linda (configuration heaven).

Congratulations on a fantastic program.

One quick newbie question if I may tho,

I am wanting to utilize the radio panel dials for different functions (like panel light brightess) when in shifted mode.

To allow this, in unshifted mode, I want to have Linda read the Saitek radio panel and drive the values directly in the sim, but on my system, the values update about 2 times a second as I rotate the dial.

I simply assigned the xxx inc and dec attributes against the relevant "button" entries in Linda, and disabled the corresponding action in SPAD.

Rotating the dial works, but only updates and changes twice a second. It also appears to be buffered, as a quick turn results in the value increasing for a second or two after I stop.

Am I doing something wrong?

Interesting........:  If I enable the Tracer in Linda, the update speed increases. Even after leaving the tracer section, the speed increase remains.

Linda 2.6.3

Win7 64bit

Prepar3d 2.4

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Hi Smoothchat

Welcome to the world of LINDA.  I am pleased that you are enjoying your new find.

The Saitek panel functionality was added in the latest release following the excellent work of Coolly.  I have not been able to test it myself as I do not own any of the Saitek panels.  A feature of LINDA is that it operates on an internal timer for controlling inputs and outputs.  The outputs for controlling displays has been tuned by trial and error to give the best compromise between accurate displays and overloading the interface.  Therefore, I must say that you will need to put up with this limitation.

I am unable to investigate any issues until at least the autumn/fall due to real world work getting in the way.  I will look at this Tracer increase in updates when I get the opportunity (but don't hold your breath).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew