Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Strange sound and FLC issue

Hi all:

Well, just took the plunge and installed the Hawker with Bert's mods, which are really slick. One thing I noticed right away is that the ground handling is very nice. Smooth. So I took off from BTV in weather and she handled really nice. I do have 2 quick questions tho:

1. There seems to be some sort of sound in the background noise that I can't identify. It's a cyclical hum that ends in sort of a soft "clunk". It sounds either like a pump or similar to gear being raised. I've checked all the panels and can't find anything running that shouldn.t be like the APU or fuel pumps. A/C is running but I don't see a pump anywhere. Anyone have an idea on this?

2. I noticed FLC is a bit squirrelly and searching the forum I guess that is a known issue. V/S does work fine so no big deal for me.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Finally someone with the same problem as me. Its the most annoying sound I've ever encountered with an airplane. If you've fixed it by now I'd love to know. One time i was taking off and at about 70kts that sound started and then i aborted t/o stopped and it went away and again i tried to t/o and almost at exactly 70-80kts the sound starts and continues throughout the flight it's so annoying.

Yeah. This was driving me batty. I did find it by stepping through all the .wav files for the Hawker. I'm sorry but I just don't remember which one it was. I haven't flown the Hawker in awhile. I seem to remember that you can make it stop by cycling the speed brakes while taxiing. Try these.

Thank you for saying that it's possible to get rid of but I don't know where to even start looking for the .wav files and once I'm in the air it doesn't stop and sometimes on replays it makes that sound. The closest sound to it is the flaps up sound, which I kinda don't want to get rid of.

Location: FSX>SimObjects>Airplanes>Carenado hawker>sound>Carenadoflaps.wav I'm going to test it out

I believe I found it, the one earlier is incorrect keep that flaps sound file. Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\Carenado\CarSoundH850XP and in here search for AB3.wav. Hope this helps

Hi Guys

yes it ist the AB3.wav! But I found out how to silence the strange sound in the Cockpit!

Just cycle the spoilers with the FSX/P3D keyboard command. 

Bruno

Thanks i'll try it but ever since i removed AB3.wav I don't hear the seatbelt sound anymore, which is really weird but I have a "throttle" lever set for spoilers you think that will work.

Hi Guys

yes it ist the AB3.wav! But I found out how to silence the strange sound in the Cockpit!

Just cycle the spoilers with the FSX/P3D keyboard command. 

Bruno

I tried cycling the spoilers and it didn't work for me I'm just going to leave the file out.

A new data point. I noticed yesterday that when hearing this sound at altitude the air brake handle was just a bit out of detent. I nudged it with the mouse and voila! the sound stopped. So it appears to be related to the air brake handle. If so, disabling it may be the best solution.