Sign in to follow this  
luscombeguy

Momentary freezes

I have a problem that just started. When using a complex aircraft, PMDG, Majestic dash 8 or Aerosoft A320 the game momentarily freezes about once a minute for 3-4 seconds. Using FSX stock aircraft it doesn't happen. I don't get a spike in CPU usage or memory usage when it occurs. Any ideas?

Jerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you can, download the free version of Process Lasso and let it's monitoring software monitor your simulation.   Look at their metering graph.   It may not be a spike UP but a spike DOWN in responsiveness causing your momentary pauses in complex aircraft.   See what program may be causing the responsiveness loss if you see one.  For me it was Active Sky NEXT.   A huge spike will be shown as a yellow bar on the graph strip.  Hover the mouse over it to see what program caused it.

There could be several more reasons for the momentary pause.   I know what you are talking about.   I use to get them all the time in the PMDG 737NG.   

FSUIPC auto-save?

And DOUBLE CHECK this.   It has been known to be the culprit.   Thanks Chris for reminding me.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I don't think it is ASNext as I turned it off and still got the freezes, I'll check the auto save.

Duh!!! I found it, it was a corrupted Nvidia driver. I erased the old driver and did a clean install on the new one. Problem fixed, I'm not sure computers are ready for the general public. :rolleyes: