Sign in to follow this  
Moe

UTX Canada and FSX SE

I am trying to decide to go to UTX Canada, do the ORBX gig, or stay native.

First a little history to understand my quest. I used FSX for years but gave up on it due to constant CTD's. Then I went to P3D until it crashed more than I had patience for. Then I found MS Flight and was impressed with it's stability and awesome graphics, but after years of that I have run the adventure of HI and AK it's course. I have returned to FSX recently with the verson form Dovetail sold through Steam. I find I am impressed by it's stability.

I live in New Brunswick on the east coast of Canada. In the past I used UTX Canada. It could use FSX without Acceleration pack. If I installed Acceleration the land class would be all screwed up. I lost my copy of UTX Canada in my last move.

I now want to improve the scenery of my area of the woods from the FSX default. I am apprehensive of spending the $ for an add on that might behave the same way again on the FSX SE version. Has anyone tried?

If it is all buggered I guess I could try the ORBX Global, Vector, and OPEN LC NA when it comes out. I tried the Iceland demo and was disappointed in the disappearing runway bug. I know the newest vector patch is suppose to do something to fix that but I am confused just what it does. I read that the UTX info is more accurate so if it would work I would go that route.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Moe

I7 93 3.0 ghz, 6g ram, 2g DDR5 NV 680, Win7 64, FSX SE, Lots of Saitek controls and panels, Track IR5, 60" LED TV 30" form my face.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!