Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

ND next waypoint time scrolling

Hi,

I have just noticed that on my last couple of flights the top right hand digits that display the crossing time of the next waypoint on the ND are not constant. They are constantly scrolling thorugh the times. Does anypne know why this could be?

thanks

Keith

Does anypne know why this could be?

Entering a top of climb ISA or Temp outside of parameters will do this. Ensure you're not entering bad data into those fields when filling them out (on the PERF INIT page).

Kyle Rodgers

very timely as i had exactly this issue arise yesterday.

Entering a top of climb ISA or Temp outside of parameters will do this

i miskeyed the temp as a positive number, noted the error immediately and changed it to the correct figure but this would not address the waypoint eta calculations. i tried going all the way back to cold and dark to reset the error but the only way to fix it was to reload the sim (fsx). a bit of testing also showed that having put in the corrected value, saving the flight and then restarting fs and reloading the saved flight fixed the issue and ETAs calculated correctly.

i couldn't find a reference to this in the manual - is there a way of resetting/fixing the problem without reloading fs or is it a case of 'don't make any typos or you've no choice'?

is there a way of resetting/fixing the problem without reloading fs or is it a case of 'don't make any typos or you've no choice'?

Unfortunately, no. We do know about this, though.

Kyle Rodgers