Sign in to follow this  
oskiatl

Graphics card causes windows to crash

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, if not mods could you please move it and my apologies. I recently upgraded from a GTX 730 to GTX 750ti, the card worked fine for a couple of hours and then the blue screen of death appeared. I had to install windows 8.1 because 7 is no longer for sale. I updated my bios, but when I install either card windows crashes at the start up. I've searched and searched the net and cannot find an answer at all, so I thought I would try here to see if anyone might have any suggestions. My specs: I5 650 3.2 GHZ, MSI H55M E33 motherboard, Azza Alpha 500w psu, and I've tried both the the gtx 730(which worked at first, now doesn't at all) and GTX 750TI. I haven't tried to run them together, only one at a time.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, if not mods could you please move it and my apologies. I recently upgraded from a GTX 730 to GTX 750ti, the card worked fine for a couple of hours and then the blue screen of death appeared. I had to install windows 8.1 because 7 is no longer for sale. I updated my bios, but when I install either card windows crashes at the start up. I've searched and searched the net and cannot find an answer at all, so I thought I would try here to see if anyone might have any suggestions. My specs: I5 650 3.2 GHZ, MSI H55M E33 motherboard, Azza Alpha 500w psu, and I've tried both the the gtx 730(which worked at first, now doesn't at all) and GTX 750TI. I haven't tried to run them together, only one at a time.

Your power supply might not be enough or is on its way out - first thing that comes to mind also get windows 10 its free and way better than windows 8 - good luck

Thanks Richard for your help. But I found out the culprit was the CMOS on my motherboard was bad. I reset the jumpers and tried both cards and it fired right up.I must have :P  mucked something up when I updated my bios. I'm still a noob to this computer stuff but I'm learning

Thanks Richard for your help. But I found out the culprit was the CMOS on my motherboard was bad. I reset the jumpers and tried both cards and it fired right up.I must have :P  mucked something up when I updated my bios. I'm still a noob to this computer stuff but I'm learning

Well done - glad to hear you got it sorted out always nice when you can figure it out :) that would have gotten by me but then again I always run latest bios - just did mine last weekend for windows 10 support - probably didnt make a difference lol