Sign in to follow this  
markjj

ND Display Brightness Knob

Hi guys, I have an issue concerning the brightness knob of the navigational display on the 777.  As I'm sure you know, the navigational display has 2 independent brightness control knobs (in the same position, one is on top of the other); one controls the overall brightness of the screen while the other controls the brightness of the wxr or terr depictions.  In other words, you can have a bright ND whilst having a dark depiction of the WXR.  On the NGX, this works perfectly.  Turning down the knob that controls the brightness of the wxr and terr has a noticeable effect, and you can actually turn it down to the point where wxr and terr depictions are barely visible.  However, on the 777, this knob has barely any effect.  Turning down the brightness knob which controls the wxr and terr depictions has little to no impact, even if you turn it down all the way.  What your left with is an excessively bright/vibrant depiction of weather without having the option of lowering the intensity.  Again, the NGX doesn't have this problem.  I encourage you to try it out yourselves to see what I mean.  Any info on this?  Thanks

Mark Javornik

Turn off the MASTER BRIGHT on the overhead to regain control of the individual brightness knobs.

Turn off the MASTER BRIGHT on the overhead to regain control of the individual brightness knobs.

That was the solution!  Thanks for the help :)

Mark Javornik