Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Flights Folder corrupted??

Hello all,I recently purchased FSDestinations VFR and IFR flight plans. When I went into Select a Flight and chose one I immediately got a crash to desktop. Or I would get a blank flight briefing screen and within 10 seconds get an error report that MSFS 9.0 encountered a problem and needed to close followed by a request to send an error report.The author and I have had discussions about this and neither one of us has had an experience like this. Let me make one thing perfectly clear...THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF FSDESTINATIONS. I randomly tried the default flights that came with FS9 and some work and most do not.For the heck of it I just installed Godzilla and it crashed to desktop. I'm just looking for some of you smarter than I am about FS9 (I'm sure 99% of you are) and see if you could be of some help.Also, can anyone tell me how to center my default splash screen> Somehow it moved up to the right hand corner.Thanks to all,Mike

I'm guessing the crash loading the flight has to do with the HTML briefings. I followed a forum thread a while back where a guy was having this problem . He finally used End-it-All to shut down running processes one at a time until he found the one that was causing the problem. It was some image editing app process that was running in the background, sorry I don't remember the name. Try a search here and in the Tips & Tricks forum for "Kneeboard crash" or "briefing crash"; I think it was a fairly common problem.To center your splash screen again, switch to windowed mode (Alt+Enter) and "restore down" the window. Drag it by the title bar to the center of the screen. Switch back to full screen and close the sim. Next time you start the sim the splash screen will be centered again.Jim

Have you tried removing FSDestinations? If so, does your computer still crash?