Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

DX10 and Steve's Fixer in Win 10

Has anyone got Steve's Fixer and how does it work in Win 10?  Any problems, work well?

Thanks,

Darcy

It works great for me. First Start FSX and in the control options, switch to DX10 Preview. Quit.

Then run the installation program, after which an item should appear on desktop called DX10 Controller. Launch the controller. You can then check all the buttons and read the accompanying manual and then apply the settings that work best for your card and computer under DX10 (trial and experiement as some legacy aircraft may not show correctly afterward  - or at the very least you may have to tinker with inbuilt VC shadows),  then exit the program and boot up FSX.  - Presto you have DX10 running and displaying correctly

I should add that for bests quality run this in conjuction with Nvidai Inspector and set an dlink NV Inspector to the FSX.exe. There are plenty of forum articles under the DX10 heading which demonstrate the settings you should use in NV Inspector.

Those sunsets are a real treat for me now!!

Yes i love it in Win 7 just making sure it works well in Win 10.

Thanks,

Darcy