Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Inflight Announcements - USBController?

Hi, I've tried fsPassengers, but decided to use that software mainly for bush flying. With airliners I don't like it so much, but I do miss some of the announcements. Currently I've customised the wav files in my easyJet Airbus so that on pushback the Seatbelt button plays the actual easyJet safety announcement, and on parking up, the No Smoking button plays a short easyJet crew announcement about deplaning (taken from You Tube).

But this got me thinking. Isthere any way I could have a dozen anouncements to choose from? I could collect these from You Tube and turn them into wav files. I do have a custom switch unit which has a USB connector, I did assign various cockpit commands to it, but it is unused at the moment. Is there any music/sound software out there which would accept commands through a usb button controller?

If not, I may have to simply use itunes on my ipad, I do use it as a moving map when flying airliners, but playing an announcement would mean leaving the app, then returning, and breaks some of the immersion (I have a home cockpit - so buttons aare always preferred!)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!