Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Switches not working

I had Linda working, but after I reinstalled my system, somehow the switches arent responding anymore, while I did the same as last time. The only change has been that a new version of FSUIPC is installed, but rolling back to the former version, doesnt fix anything. I assigned switches from several controllers to several different functions, but non are working.

When I start LINDA, I get the start-up message in the sim. When I save settings, I get the reload message in the sim. When I move the switches on the controller, the right switch number comes up in LINDA, I can assign the functions to those, but after saving, the switches in the cockpit dont respond. There are no error messages in the console.

Any idea what might be going wrong here?

LINDA 2.6.3 v2

Module Dash8-Q400 1.3

P3D v2.5

Majestic Q-400 1.016

Win7 64

Cheers!

Maarten

Sorry to hear of your problem. I would suggest initially that you check that LINDA is correctly connected to FSUIPC4 (which the fact that the button lines are highlighting would suggest it is) by checking the settings page. Then check that LINDA is sync'ed to your sim (FSX Sync). Failing that please open the LINDA console, click restart lau engine and your sim and the cut-and-paste all the contents into a text file and email me it at linda@awginfosys.net.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Both 'Joysticks/HID devices' and 'FSX/FSUIPC configs' show a green message, saying everything is ok and FSX Sync on or off doesnt make any difference, so I send you an email with the Console information. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

Thank you for sending the console output.  The LINDA data looks good and would indicate that it should be working. There are a couple of areas that don't look right to me.

After LINDA starts, there is a section where the FSUIPC4 log closes. Whenever, I have seen this I have had to shut everything down and restart P3D and LINDA. 

Then there are 3 exceptions connected to RECIP_ENG_FUEL_FLOW.  This looks to me like parameters used to interface with the Majestic DH8 Q400 add-on.  I would suggest that you may need to reinstall this aircraft. If this does not work, try removing the LINDA Q400 module and reinstalling.

The restart you did at the end shows LINDA starting correctly.  This would concur with the fact that your devices and FSUIPC set up are correct.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks Scotflieger! :)

The RECIP_ENG_FUEL_FLOW is something I recognize from my attempt to setup SPAD.next, but after a frustrating week of fruitless attempts I shut it down and I'm using original SPAD again.

Could it be that even with SPAD.next not running anymore, it has left any 'residue' that might be interfering with LINDA?

I'll remove all controller software and the Q-400 and reinstall all but SPAD.next and let you know what happens.

Cheers!

Maarten

I removed SPAD, SPAD.next, LINDA and Q-400, reinstalled SPAD, LINDA and Q-400, assigned some functions (DC Stndby Bat from my VRInsight and Landinglights All from my Saitek Switch Panel, as I did when it did work), but no luck... Still no response from the switches in the sim.

Cheers!

Maarten

With LINDA 2.6.3 you should not need SPAD as LINDA now works with the Saitek Multi and Radio Panels.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I'm pretty new to LINDA and so far I've only been looking at the Q-400 and I'm not sure how far I can go with LINDA for other aircraft. Can I loose SPAD completelly? Also for default aircraft?

Cheers!

Maarten

Trying to setup a default profile for aircraft programmed with FSX base code and with other aircraft the assigned controllers did work in the VC, but now also for other aircraft LINDA doesnt respond to input from the controllers, anymore.

I restarted LINDA and sim, I also rebooted my PC and tried again, but no luck.

Also, since this afternoon, I keep getting LINDA 2.6.8 range check errors, while using the 2.6.3 v2 as you advised to avoid range check errors. This happens with every aircraft I loaded with LINDA, so far.

Cheers!

Maarten