Sign in to follow this  
Eskil

Saving IMM missions

Some of the missions created with the Instant Mission Maker (IMM) can't be saved underway (or rather, they save as Free Flights, which is not helpful). Is there anyone out there who knows a way to modify these missions (for instance the FSX Simcopter missions on this site, so that they can be saved properly? It is infuriating to fly around for an hour or so, and then make a mistake and have to start from square one again!

Cheers,

eskil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi eskil

The Simcopter IMM mission has a number of errors - POI's not referencing model guids, scenery objects unavailable (well, not in my scenery library anyway!), plus other errors that show up in FSXME. I downloaded another IMM mission - "Canyon Wreck" from FlyAwaySimulations. This showed zero errors in FSXME and could be Saved as per normal - i.e. not as Free Flight. Maybe this is the reason some IMM missions can't be 'Saved'?

Cheers - Dai.

So we meet on this site too!

Yes, these missions generally show up a number of errors and warnings. It surprises me that they will run at all...

I will conduct some experiments with one of these and see if there is a specific fault that may be remedied.

eskil

I am sorry if my missions are not running correctly.

I double checked them before I uploaded them. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mission and ran them with no problems. All files should be in their proper place.

Open your add-on scenery folder and check your scenery and texture folders. The new files should be in there.

Examples:

In scenery folder look for files labeled DC

In the texture folder for files labeled DC

There are many other files but if you see any DC files then all the files should be in there.

No you can not save the mission. I also can not save them on my computer. I was thinking of making the mission shorter inside a shorter distance and try to keep the missions under 30 minutes.

Dave