Sign in to follow this  
noel56z

Old FSX Database and TBM-850 using VATSIM

I just purchased the Carenado  Socata TBM-850 and noticed when trying to file/use a flight plan with VATSIM that there are no SIDS or STARS available in the G1000 database. Also ATC fixes change all the time and are not in the old data. Apparently this aircraft adna lot of otheres use the original FSX (2005) database and does not have the capability to utilize Navigraph data as some of their other aircraft do. Is there any workaround someone might know of? I've read that the FSX database itself is not upgradable. Any chance Carenado could  ammend their programming to access thhird party databases such as Navigraph? Or perhaps their advertising of their products on their website and others could let customers know that the database used is very old an d not suitable for modern day simming with ATC/VATSIM?

Any suggestions would be  most appreciated.

Noel Anderswon

Sheffield, MA

Guest Mik75

You could use Aivlasoft EFB in a combination with a freeware or an online flight planner.

You import the flightplan (in MSFS format) into EFB, thereafter you can choose all the procedures (SIDs, STARs, transitions), according to ATC instructions in the software and then EFB exports the complete flight plan into FSX and it will show up and be loaded in the G1000 of the Carenado planes.

Aivlasoft EFB is also a moving map and shows the SID, STAR and approach information in a chart format, based on the installed Navigraph cycle. It also shows the VATSIM controllers, the active ATC frequencies and so much more.

It's a really recommendable piece of software!

Hi Noel,

I am personally running FlightSim Commander 9, and importing the flight plans both in FSX and Windows, I do update every month the AIRAC data from NAVIGRAPH, and the install is easy in FSC 9.

From a graphics point of view, the Carenado TBM-850 is really nice, but does not look to be fully simulated concerning navigation unfortunately.

The Aivlasoft EFG is a free software for 30 days as far as I know.

Cheers.

Vincent

Thanks very much. I'll try that. I do have Aiviasoft EFB and I agree it's a must have program. I didn't realize that was a methord of getting the flight plan into the Carenado aircraft.

Regards;

Noel Anderson

That did the trick. Works great. Just have to make sure to set up the correct save directory re: C:\Users\Name]Documents\Flight Simulator X Files, etc. Once again thanks!!!!