Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

This again - Aerosoft NE in P3D w/HDR enabled

Hi Chris! I tried to sign up for the new support forum, but I never got any confirmation email back so... here I am.

I have brought up this issue before. You might remember me as the person who completely looses the glorious effect of Aerosofts NE in Prepared 2.5. Taken, if I disable HDR, the blooming effect becomes better, but not as good as in FSX. But in short, Aerosofts NE does not look good on my rig and I'm starting to think other parameters might play in after I came over this video:

I was amazed over how good NE looked (I asked the poster of the video, comment further down) in P3D. Also, this is HDR enabled (also confirmed further down in comments). I can only dream of achieving this effect. Its much darker, more dull, no bloom whatsoever. I think I have posted images before, but I can snap some more in the evening. 

Do you have any explanation for this, Chris? I have both the Norway, Denmark and Finland Package that I have stopped using because, frankly, it looks almost the same without it  :P

I'm hoping we can dig into this problem and find the source of the light killer. I don't know whether this person in the video has modified his HDR.cfg (or .fx, don't remember) but that is the first that comes to mind. Maybe I should try the default HDR instead of Rob's modified one. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!