Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Runway Skidmark areas

Guest Fjorko

Hi Guys/GirlsI have asked this question a few years ago, but lost track of it, so seeing that technology improves all the time I would like to know the following:Is it at all possible to create a runway texture for all default runways ( similar to the Airport environment replacement set of textures ) that has the touchdown skidmarks concentrated on either end of the runways as they are in real life on most runways.The default runways ( And AE textures ) have a dark area running all the way along the runway and does not seem realistic. I know some runways do have a dark area all the way but most have a concentrated area of very DARK skidmarks where the planes touch down.I have seen this done before on the excellent KBOS airport scenery released a while back and those runways looks SO REAL !!!!Any ideas if this can be done and how ?

Guest Fjorko

Yes, but as you can see those skidmarks are all the way down the runway ( not realistic )....it needs to be concentrated where the planes touch down...like at a real airport....Something like this ..... ( note the dark areas at the TDZ )http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9083/runway1yy.jpg

high quality add-on airports have this feature, especially fly tampas great sceneries.

Guest statto

Is that Stockholm (in the picture)?

Guest Fjorko

HiYes i know that, the freeware KBOS airport released a while back have them also, but i'm interested how they are made to look like that?I see they removed my example picture - thought they might seeing it is copyright protected by airliners.net....So sorry to those that cannot see it.. :(

My guess is they're using different tiles for differen't parts of the runway. You're not going to get the result you want with the default scenery, the runway shares tiles all the way down it. (I think.. I'm no scenery developer so more than happy to be proved wrong :))