Sign in to follow this  
dc10boy

L-1011 question

Hi All, I'm considering buying an L-1011 for FSX.Any opinions on which is the better offering Just Flight or Captain Sim?I'm  wanting systems and flight model realism as well as a good VC.
thanks
Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't comment on the JustFlight version. They do have a professional version, which looks like a decent addon with nice and deep system modeling.

The CS L-1011 has a beautiful VC and very good texturing inside and out.

With the CIVA INS (included in the most recent version), it's really good fun to navigate, and the nice handflying characteristics make take offs, approaches and landings an immersive experience. For its price, it's a very good addon that I really like taking out for medium haul trips. (like LTU from Düsseldorf to the Canarian Islands, etc.)

Another thumbs up for the CS L1011.  The system modeling is more in-depth than the sketchy documentation would have you believe, and there's a pretty good tutorial in the AVSIM library if you want to fly it by the book.

If you don't find the built-in INS to your liking (although it shows two in the virtual cockpit they are slaved together and function as one) you can download the CIVA INS and have two available in a pop-up window (but not the VC).  The built-in INS will take a FSX flight plan, so if you're not inclined to punch LAT/LONG data in manually you can just load up a flight plan and go.

I don't know how realistic the flight modeling is but it does give a good sense of the L1011's size, and as Mik75 said above it is a lot of fun from takeoff to touchdown.  It's also easy on frame rates if that's a concern.

The soundset is about the only minus I can think of--judging from the soundset you'd never know it was nicknamed the 'whisperliner' in real life.  I've never bothered to replace it (there are third-party soundsets available) so I guess it's not too much of a distraction for me.

I, too, can't comment on the JF product.