Sign in to follow this  
Aguinaldo

Pmdg 748i some problems to fix.

HI I just need to fix some problems. this two paragraphs i didn't clearly undestand. its from the pmdg 748i expansion pack paint kit pdf. 

(      Should you decide to blank off some of the windows of the fuse make sure to also 'fill in' the matching window on the alpha layer.  You'll also have to blank off these same windows on the RGB and alpha layers of the PMDG_748i_spec file.  i got lost here. 

Do not blank off any of the windows between the first and second door of the fuse.  Doing so will cause these blanked off windows to magically reappear when you enable the landing lights and the landing light fuse splash washes over that part of your art.  Due to limitations of FSX and the method we use to light the cabin windows you will end up with dark windows appearing where you blanked them off.  This is not a bug but a limit of the sim. )

i did blank some windows as you can see and i matched all the fuselage the way the pdf tells and before i saved the file i hided the blank match fuselage as the pdf tells.. i have used the same paintkit before and i had no problems and i didnt even blanked any windows but it was good.

thes is what is happening now:  windows that i blanked appear white, tail logo light during night i cant see the tail logo because is too bright. but when its off no problem. i have discovered in DTXbmp that my saved file is different from the original pmdg file.  this is the pictures and i really need your help master. I am just a rookie, but i am having lots of fun. Thanks in advance.

http://s323.photobucket.com/user/dta005/media/Untitled123_zpspxqb61xi.png.html

http://s323.photobucket.com/user/dta005/media/Untitled_zpspeeauurv.png.html

http://s323.photobucket.com/user/dta005/media/Untitled1_zpsevouvvp0.png.html

You're missing the alpha channel in your repaint.  Using DXTBmp you can easily import it from another file that has it.  Load a DDS file from a plane that has the lighting working in it then export the alpha to the folder where your paint is saved to make it easy to find.  It will save it as a BMP.  Then open you paint in DXTBmp and import the alpha to your texture and save it making sure that the alpha and paint are oriented the same first.  This will fix the Vertical stabilizer lighting problem; I'm not sure how to fix the window issue but you'll need to start by blanking out the same windows in the alpha that you blanked out in the paint.  It's possible that adding then editing the windows in the alpha fixes all the issues.