Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

prep3d2.5 and vatsim

Vatsim connection  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What client do you use with P3d 2.5 and Vatsim

All

I wonder if anyone has actually been able to get p3d v2.5 to work with vatsim ... other than with vpilot.

I like both fsinn and sb4 as internal programs but cannot get them to work

I have tried several times with Migration tool from FS estonia. It worked with 2.1/4  in legacy mode but 2.5 is different

I do not like vpilot only because it loses sound on "loss of focus "

Any thoughts  from anyone

Peter 

I am running FSInn on Win7 64 on a networked client, if you need any help let me know.

Im curious as i have run fsinn in the past on a network client. How did you set up your sound so that you could hear both atc and the sim . Do you use headphones. I never quite figured out how to do that and have it work so that i could hear the sim and atc and effectively use ptt though headphones. i think it only worked with external speakers and a mic... 

For those of you who answered the poll with "vpilot" and p3d 2.5 in the poll above , could someone please let me know if they have ever overcome the way you lose sound  when switching from the sim to the vpilot window. It is primarily that functionality that is normal in p3d and fsx ( ie switching to an external program , unchecked lost focus etc ) that makes me a it crazy. I understand the behaviour of vpilot as an external program and hence my initial question about fsinn . I like vpilot and it is seem to be clean and run well but.... it is just that small detail vis. functionality that would be interesting to solve

To get FSInn to work on P3D v2.5 you will need to install the Migration tool on the Server PC (where P3D is installed) then install FSInn. Give full sharing permissions to the folders inside the main FSFDT folders and create firewall exclusions for all the executable files in these folders. Make sure you reboot after all the above.

Fire up the sim and test the FSInn installation, you'll need to add the relevant Vatsim server IP address and configure the FSFDT Control Panel and the FSInn interfaces, then connect to Vatsim. If successful all is well.

Now go to the Client and repeat the same install and configuration as that on the Server, including folder sharing and exclusions, then reboot. To test it start P3D and once at the airport run, first FSFDT Control Manager followed by FSInn if you then see FSInn reading your aircraft database it means it is seeing the Server and hopefully you can then connect in the normal way via Client PC. 

As far as sounds are concerned this is how I configure mine to use a USB Headset.

On the Server open the FSFDT Control Manager and go to Voice\Vatsim and just make sure you select your speaker only so that you can hear all the sim sounds in your Server.

On the Client do as above but make sure that you select your speakers, headset and microphone. This will allow you to use your PTT button on the yoke/joystick to communicate with Vatsim ATC. 

VPilot is easy to install and doesn't require a complex setting up but FSInn has very useful utilities and tools which no other client in Vatsim has managed to match. Well worth the effort of installing.

As always I recommend reading the FSInn manual. Hope the above is of help.

Regards