Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

Humidity Value

Hello guys,

I've been trying desperately to make my custom XML wingtip vortices work closely to the real world. My only snag is that FS does not seem to (or I cannot figure out how it does) simulate humidity or dewpoint.

I tried to see if, just maybe, it was an undocumented variable. No luck.

Then I thought that more humid air is less dense, so I'll just make them appear when the air density given an altitude fix is under a certain value. Nothing, the dewpoint variable does nothing in the FS weather menu, which means no air density change, which means no humidity simulation.

So, how on Earth did you guys manage to figure this one out? If it's not too much to ask.

Chris

FS2004 Forever

Hello guys,

I've been trying desperately to make my custom XML wingtip vortices work closely to the real world. My only snag is that FS does not seem to (or I cannot figure out how it does) simulate humidity or dewpoint.

I tried to see if, just maybe, it was an undocumented variable. No luck.

Then I thought that more humid air is less dense, so I'll just make them appear when the air density given an altitude fix is under a certain value. Nothing, the dewpoint variable does nothing in the FS weather menu, which means no air density change, which means no humidity simulation.

So, how on Earth did you guys manage to figure this one out? If it's not too much to ask.

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is part of our product's secrets!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42