Sign in to follow this  
Iceair

Sim stops working after a while (P3Dv2)

Fellow simmers,

First of all, don't know if this is the correct forum for this problem but it is a CTD so....

I recently bought a new pc and decided to go with Prepar3dv2 for it. So I bought the academic license, the most common planes together with Orbx Global Base, My traffic 6 and also two airports. I decided to start with a long haul and I was amazed how smooth it ran, even with really high settings and both ASN and REX active in the sim. 

And so it happened, just after T/D P3D crashed. I got the message "The program has stopped working....". I tried to lower the settings and started FMC completely before it crashes. The last time I even tried to set all sliders to zero, but it still crashed after a while. The pc is completely new and fresh and it is supposed to be able to take way more than this load according to my specs. When I check the error log something that catched my attention was KernelBase.dll. I started googling around about it and tried a lot of different solutions online, but no one worked. I have installed latest drivers for the GPU so it should be up to date. I have posted this on several forums online without success, so that's why I turn to this forum now. 

So yes I tried to lower the settings to absolute zero, without success. 

Other from that there is really nothing I can come up with now, so if anyone out there has a solution I would be forever grateful. If there's something that should be added to this I will add it to the thread. 

EDIT: I run P3Dv2 on Windows 8 at the moment. Have no experience of P3D on other OS. 

Addons used:

- Orbx Global Base

- Active Sky Next 

- Rex 4

- PMDG 737-800 & 777-2/3/F

- Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321

- NMG Johannesburg

- AS London Heathrow

- My Traffic 6

Regards 

Simon 

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, the kernelbase.dll has no known fix and I have been researching this for some time and the solutions are different for different systems/configurations.  Here's what the CTD Guide says:

Kernelbase.dll – No known fix but some have solved this problem by updating or reinstalling their video card drivers.  Scan your system for corrupt/missing files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.  Disable startup programs by opening the Run command or going to the Search feature on your computer and typing msconfig in the box.  When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, the kernelbase.dll has no known fix and I have been researching this for some time and the solutions are different for different systems/configurations.  Here's what the CTD Guide says:

Kernelbase.dll – No known fix but some have solved this problem by updating or reinstalling their video card drivers.  Scan your system for corrupt/missing files - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.  Disable startup programs by opening the Run command or going to the Search feature on your computer and typing msconfig in the box.  When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).

Best regards,

Okay, that seems to be a serious problem for Microsoft(?). I scanned my computer but everything seemed to be fine. Do you think it could make a difference to degrade to Win 7 again? 

Since I'm not the most experienced when it comes to reading an error log, should I post one after the next crash to let anyone see if they can find any other errors? 

Best Regards 

In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 1, there's a link to AppCrashView.  Download and run this program and it will show you all of your crashes since you installed Windows, including this one.  Highlight the latest P3D crash and then copy all of the information about the crash, come back here and start a new post and then right click in the post and select Paste.  This will provide a few more details about the crash. 

Again, make sure you disabled all startup programs as recommended above.  Some startup programs are evil and put there by a software developer so it will monitor it's installation and provide updates for you if necessary and other stuff.  This is how it is done in Windows 8 and 10 - http://www.howtogeek.com/162446/how-to-manage-startup-applications-in-windows-8/

Is it a serious problem for Microsoft if you get this kernelbase.dll error.  No.  Not serious.  There are so many possibilities for this crash to occur.  The AVSIM CTD Guide states a couple of probable solutions as reported by other members here who said those suggestions fixed their problem.  Unfortunately you could have a corrupted user profile and there are many suggestions for creating a new profile, reinstalling P3Dv2 and this fixes the problem.  It's very complicated though creating a new user profile.  It is best to simply reinstall Windows 8 and then P3DV2 (ugh!).  But if you are willing to try, here's the procedure for Windows 8 - http://mywindowshub.com/fix-corrupt-profile-in-windows-8/

Of course, it might be best to first send us your AppCrashView Report to see if there's something there that might indicate why your sim crashed with this error.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, so I tried to make a clean reinstall of my video card drivers from Nvidias website last night. Then I loaded up a flight from Paris to London in the Pmdg 737 with the sliders set to medium on the settings. And guess what, I managed to complete the flight?! I'm not stating that the problem has been solved, it might just crash after 5 minutes the next time I try, but it is a step in the right direction. I am gonna continue testing tonight and if it starts crashing again I will come back and start over with the troubleshooting. 

Best regards