Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Radeon R9270x Prepar3D v3 settings

Guest JustanotherPilot

Here are some images and settings for the Radeon R9270x GPU

System: i7 4790K Asus Z97M/B not overclocked win 7 pro 64 bit

Addons in these images: AS A320, Rex Texture Direct and soft clouds, ASN, ProatcX, ORBX EU and Norway, UK2000 Stansted

Info: I have locked the frames at 60 which I found was a happy medium from my 35 in P3Dv2.5 settings. With 60 set, in my system my frame rate is a steady 30 fps , peaking to about 55 in sparse scenery areas, when flying into UK2000 Stansted and Orbx EU they drop to about 18-20 but there is no lag in texture load time, no stutters and no OOM. The flights are fluid and streamlined. The HDR settings are a challenge to achieve a realistic appearance that is not too bright or high contrast but utilizes this feature. There is no tweaks to the .cfg file, nothing has been added or changed.

Summary: Prepar3D v3 is a vast improvement over it's predecessor, it has much more to offer and a lot seems to be happening  in the CPU processing. All in all, I think v3 is a game changer. Users with high end cpu's and graphics card will really apprciate the performance increae.

steve s

2015-10-8_18-35-12-335_zps5og1lvsa.jpg

2015-10-8_18-43-20-917_zpssmy37wpw.png

P3Dv3.1_zpsrdwneio8.jpg

P3Dv3.2_zpsc1ywnjki.jpg

P3Dv3.3_zpswzf5jlkv.jpg

P3Dv3.3a_zpsfjpow82m.jpg

P3Dv3.4_zpseoffjv0e.jpg

Steve,

Thanks for posting.  What drivers are you using.  Many AMD users have reported crashing issues and LM have confirmed that the latest AMD hardware with these latest drivers are problematic.

Ys, it would be nice if the OP bothered to answer. It crashes for me too on an R9 290, and reading around it seems it happens to everye unless yu have an old driver (and even then works for some only).

Hi: I have a R9 290 and I would like to know which drivers use you, my performarce is way too poor to the lowest setting

Hello from Paris (France),

I have a 737NG cockpit at home and I have exactely the same configuration (i7 4790k and R9 270 X).

I just moved from FSX to P3D v3.2 and have some difficulties to tune my simulator.

Thank you Steve for sharing your settings. It helps me.

Could you share with us the settings of your ATI R9 270 X card too (Radeon CCC settings) ?

My driver is 16.3.1 for Win 8.1 on ATI driver web site.
(non-whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.3.1-win10-win8.1-win7-march16)

Thank you by advance

Best regards.

Thierry