Sign in to follow this  
mario340500

P3Dv3 737NGX Dead

To all thoses who have resolved the issue of a dead 737 NGX in P3Dv3

Background
I had PMDG737 (Base + Expansion) and 777 (Base + Expansion) installed and working perfect in P3Dv2.6.
H/w Issue
A week ago, I had a motherboard issue and have had no chance to uninstall the products or access windows at all as I had to rebuild the whole system and do a fresh install.

Current :
At the moment all I have is P3Dv3 + SDK installed on its own SSD (D drive)
Also I have only installed PMDG 737 base pack which installed fine with no errors that I could see.
I then ran PMDG Operation Center which installed some updates. So I assume that everything is currrent at the time of this post.

737 Issue :
When I startup P3Dv3, it loads into the choose P3D scenario setup page by default.
All I do is click on change vehicle, select the PMDG 737NGX and click ok to load the sim.
The Aircraft loads but its dead - I hear the engine's running but nothing is clickable. In external view, the engines are static and not rotating.

Items tried.
I followed this link to the dot.
& followed this too

Have gone through the PMDG-737NGX Introduction.pdf till page 22 and done all the recommended steps but just can't figure out where the issue is.

The whole virtual cockpit ( while I am able to pan all across it) looks like a flat image with nothing clickable. None of the key shortcuts work.. (i.e.shift + 3 to bring up the FMC for e.g) Hence can't even activate the product.

Have also checked FLEXnet Licensing Service and it is set up to start automatically and is confirmed to be running.

Please help as I am at a loss here.

What I remember:
In P3Dv2.5, when I would load the sim with a PMDG aircraft I remember seeing a message in the green bar with the words "Initiailizing Aircraft" and please wait for 20 seconds or so.
This time in P3Dv3, I get no such message and have no idea what issue is. I am at a loss as to how to fx this.

Regards,
Mario Lobo
Ps. Have raised ticket 1B9-1DB75C23-0423 with PMDG support

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Mario

Given that you have raised a support ticket, I think it may be best to hold off until you hear from a PMDG representative. I would have thought simconnect but you say you have checked all that..

So no ideas really.

Well done for following the recommendations however.

Thanks Wes, Have gone through the PMDG-737NGX Introduction.pdf till page 22 and done all the recommended steps but just can't figure out where the issue is.

The whole virtual cockpit ( while I am able to pan all across it) looks like a flat image with nothing clickable. None of the key shortcuts work.. (i.e.shift + 3 to bring up the FMC for e.g) Hence can't even activate the product.

Have also checked FLEXnet Licensing Service and it is set up to start automatically and is confirmed to be running.

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Guess what!! I forgot to run the Simconect installer for FSX SP2.. hence experienced all the issues..

The guys from PMDG were most helpful. All was resolved as soon as al versions of Sim-Connect were installed.

Problem Resolved.

Cheers,

Mario

Mario Lobo

Ah! I Though it may have been simconnect. Glad you got it sorted!