Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

Xpause not pausing FSX?

Hello,

I've recently moved from FS9 to FSX and have the sim running pretty good.  Everything is gorgeous and working fine - except for Xpause, which is not pausing my sim at when I tell it.....or at all for that matter.    I used FSPause regularly when flying in FS9, so naturally I d/l Xpause for FSX.    It loads my flightplan, recognizes the waypoint I choose, I turn on both pause and alarm for my action at the designated point and while the alarm sounds at the right time, the sim will not pause.....not matter what I've tried, which includes:

re-installing Xpause / trying to pause at different points / making sure "pause on task" button is checked in FSX / FSUIPC is installed (altho not the registered version).    Again, it seems to want to work as the alarm sounds just fine - just wont stop the sim.

I'm not sure what else to try.   Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?    I relied on FSPause for my longer flights and would like to be able to do the same in FSX.   Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Hello Chris-Jake,

I thought I had this problem too (never had FS9), but it turns out that my mistake was setting a waypoint distance of 0; this doesn't work (I suppose that, in practice, the plane never flies exactly over the waypoint); a distance of 1 mile, however, works fine (in FSX, with FlightSimLabs A320X)

Peter D.