Sign in to follow this  
Nesttor77

Missing contrails until an hour flying

I had PrecipitFx and A320 immersion products running nicely. But recently I realised that contrails were missing until the middle of the flight (1 hour or so flying). The remaining effects run just perfect.

I always realised that contrails were generated passing FL230 more or less, but now in all my flight there are not generated until some time cruising (FL340-FL390)

Any clue?

I had PrecipitFx and A320 immersion products running nicely. But recently I realised that contrails were missing until the middle of the flight (1 hour or so flying). The remaining effects run just perfect.

I always realised that contrails were generated passing FL230 more or less, but now in all my flight there are not generated until some time cruising (FL340-FL390)

Any clue?

Hi Néstor,

Contrails are generated based on Outside Air Temperature (OAT) and are detailed in the User Manual provided with the product.

CONTRAILS

Our contrails can be observed when the air is saturated, and when the air is at very low temperatures, most of the time being at higher altitudes. With A320 Family Immersion, contrails are visible even at low altitude when the air is saturated and the temperature goes below -25°C (-13°F) or lower. Denser contrails can be observed at -35°C (-31°F) or lower. This contrail will remain visible for 200 seconds or 29 kilometers (18 miles) at 280 knots.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Néstor,

Contrails are generated based on Outside Air Temperature (OAT) and are detailed in the User Manual provided with the product.

Let me know if that answers your question!

I know the theory and it was working according to that, but right now there ae missing. I am flying right now EBBR to LEMD, a320, FL370, SAT -57ºC and TAT -30ºC and there is not any contrails visible. 

I hope you can help me. 

Regardas, Néstor

And now the contrails are showing. 30 minutes later that I start crusing. FL370 SAT -58ºC TAT -32ºC.

It is so weird why it takes so long to start showing the contrails...