Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

DX10, DX10 Fixer & the NGX HUD

Greetings,

A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to step up my system by overclocking and installing Steve's DX10 Fixer software.  I was very surprised by the changes that were quickly apparent.  The HUD had a sharp presentation, but also had a greenish glow around each of the display items, not unlike if the intensity were turned too bright.  The effect was most present during daytime flight, less so at night but still noticeable.

After I made this change, my Norton AV installation decided to attack my computer. :smile:.  A Norton update as corrupted, began taking up physical memory until all 8 MB were in use (see post the Windows 7 forum for details).  That issue appears to be resolved; however, while trying to troubleshoot this issue, I uninstalled my NVIDIA GeForce driver.  After re-installing, the display does not look the same, and the NGX HUD is not as sharp.  I have used Steve DX10 Fixer to switch back and forth between DX 10 and DX 9.  The difference is not as apparent as it was before.  Also certain items that are supposed to be fixed, like the snowfall rate in DX10 remain the same between DX 10 and DX 9.

With re-install of NVIDIA drivers, my settings in Inspector were lost.  I have re-created those from sources I used before, but I am not sure that I have it set correctly or even if DX 10 is actually being used in FSX.  I believe it is, but not sure.

First, has any else seen the bright glow around the HUD symbology when DX10 is turned on and Steve's DX10 Fixer is used? 

Second, is there any way to tell for certain whether DX10 is actually working in FSX and all of DX10 Fixers are working?

I am posting this in the DX10 Forum as well.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

i7 2y00K

Nvidia GeForce 960

8 MB

Windows 7.1

Rex for clouds & textures

ASN for weather

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Figured out the problem.  "Light Bloom" was turned off. I must have disabled it somewhere in the process. 

Thanks!

Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS