Sign in to follow this  
GeneW

Demo - cannot get ATC to work

I have had my eye on MCE for a while, & just got to the end of my 3 day trial. My interest is ATC communication for VFR GA aircraft. I found that the voice recognition for the copilot functions is very good. However I could not get the ATC function to work at all. Today I managed to get ATC to work with the default FSX ATC, but not with any voice recognition. When I read through the ATC commands manual I was impressed with the coverage. Looking through all the option screens and the manuals I could not find any way to activate ATC within MCE. And I browsed this forum as far back as 12 pages but could not find a solution. So what did I miss?

I have used VOXATC but found that it has trouble understanding me, and the dialogue is quite restrictive. I was hoping MCE would give me an easier ATC experience. My demo has expired but I would still like to know what I missed (or mis-understood).

Gene

Once you get MCE figured out, it really makes simming enjoyable. I also was having difficulty getting ATC to function properly with MCE. I'm using P3DV3, but I think these suggestions will be beneficial in any sim. 

1)  It is extremely crucial that your speech pace is even and consistent. You must not pause excessively between words or phrases. I have the My Speech Pace slider full right. (Slow)

2)  Minimize outside noise and sounds (especially speech) coming from your speakers. Route sound to a headset as much as possible. Noise plays havoc to any speech recognition engine.

3)  Even though "Accurate Call Sign Required" is unchecked in the ATC menu, best results come when using "EasyJet 222" or just "Easy222". Simply saying just "222" seldom works. (My callsign is EasyJet 222 on my Airbus A320).

4)  Utilize the Speech Training  modules, in particular for ATC.

Since your speech is working fine with co-pilot, I don't suspect there is any problem with with your mike setup or your general speech habits. If you are hesitant to make the purchase, be assured that when you get the setup right, it can't be beat. 

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

Thanks for your reponse. Since the ATC part is what I really want I am relunctant to shell out the $70 without knowing that it will work as I expect. The FSX ATC handled both sides of the comm & expected a number to select a response. I tinkered with the FSX settings and the MCE settings but apparently could not hit the correct combination. (Yes I did the setup & read the various manuals).