Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blazer

New Scotflight Prestwick scenery...?

Guest jennifer

Will try reinstalling all default textures Iain. I have a hybrid mix of some of Lennart's and a some from a Czech site, which look great, but will take those out and try the default to ensure I have installed a complete set. If this works it might solve a similar issue that I have with one or two other sceneries around the world.Thanks for your help, and once again thanks for sprucing up Scotland with all your excellent sceneries.

Guest ayrsimming

HiThe Prestwick scenery displays many VTP2 polygons which call on the MS landclass textures in many cases. If these are not all there then there is a chance that FS9 will crash.My recent experiences with similar type scenery included with my Edinburgh Airport confirmed that there were more than a few users who were missing textures and the re-install did the trick. If Ismet has similar problems elsewhere then I would strongly recommend the re-install.I try to work with an unaltered version of FS9 and the scenery is designed to work under these circumstances.IainScotflight Scenery

Hi Iain,"This problem seems to revolve around the 'dawn/dusk texture blending' option on the FS9 'Display' options.I had this checked on and the problem was there, I have unchecked this option and the scenery will load at all settings.".....Yes, I can confirm this appears to be the case. With 'dawn/dusk texture blending' unchecked there are no loading problems. I tried several loading cycles through dawn, day, dusk and night (moving forwards and backwards without exiting the sim) and loads were unerring and relatively speedy.With 'dawn/dusk texture blending' checked, loading is slower(with a lot of HD activity) and dawn and dusk fails at 21% if either day or night at Prestwick has been loaded first. If either dawn or dusk at Prestwick is selected immediately after a fresh run of the sim then the load failure occurs at 54%. Sorry, I'm repeating myself ;)Regards,Mike

Guest Blazer

HI..I installed the scenery and I hsd no problem except the one you described.When starting from dawn it loads to approx 22% then crashes..When i disable dawn to dusk texture it loads fine...Regards TH