Sign in to follow this  
Bob787

Slow Airspeed B737 NGX Prepar3D V3

Here is a real head scratcher. Bought the NGX for Prepar3D V3 a couple of weeks ago, all worked just fine. Yesterday tried to make a flight from Edmonton to Winnipeg, with full flight plan and FMS setup, correct fuel, and load.  Take off as normal, climb out the aircraft would not increase air speed above 200KNTS. Flaps and spoilers retracted. Tried level flight no increase of airspeed. tried nose down attitude, with full power, aircraft slowed. Outside view at level flight and full power, nose down attitude, it looked like it dragging an anchor. Reinstalled and came up with the same result. Any suggestions? Thanks Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Found a cure. Did a clean un-install, downloaded new installers, used the Migration Tool, and shut off virus Scanner, while installing again. All is working fine, I guess two things may have gone wrong, a License issue or my virus scanner blocked a file. Bob

Slow flight has returned again, any suggestions? I have opened a Service Ticket with PMDG. Bob

Slow flight has returned again, any suggestions? I have opened a Service Ticket with PMDG. Bob

Bob,

Firstly, full names are required here in the forum - first and last.

Secondly, if you used the Migration Tool on our product to get our FSX offering into P3D, this is in violation of the license agreement, so this would necessarily be the end of our discussing this. If you have the P3D offering and it's not allowing you to install into v3 because you have an older installer, simply re-download the installer from your account as we've updated it to recognize v3 (read as, use the official avenue of install instead of the hackery that the EMT uses to get things into various sims). Still on this note, you will need to disable the EMT from interacting with our offerings by changing its config file's values from 1 to 0 anywhere PMDG is referenced in those files. This last note is the case even if you did not instruct the EMT to do anything PMDG-related at all.

Finally, if you're using FSUIPC to assign axes, this will cause conflicts with our aircraft. Assign them in FSX/P3D, and calibrate them through FSUIPC.

Thank you for your response, as indicated in my post and title, I bought the PMDG 737NGX for Prepar3d V3 last weekend. I do not, and have not ever violated any license agreements. In my profession even violating a entertainment software license agreement, could mean my license to practise plus my degrees would be removed, so I take this very seriously.  I also did download new installers yesterday.

The suggestion for using the Migration Tool came from another PMDG post, so I gave it a try. You're correct further searching uncovered the FSUIPC error and now the 737 is flying as she should. Thank you again for your interest.

Robert Cummings

Thank you for your response, as indicated in my post and title, I bought the PMDG 737NGX for Prepar3d V3 last weekend. I do not, and have not ever violated any license agreements. In my profession even violating a entertainment software license agreement, could mean my license to practise plus my degrees would be removed, so I take this very seriously.  I also did download new installers yesterday.

Sorry if it seemed a bit accusatory, but I got confused by your statement that you "used the Migration Tool." Thank you for clarifying.

The suggestion for using the Migration Tool came from another PMDG post, so I gave it a try. You're correct further searching uncovered the FSUIPC error and now the 737 is flying as she should. Thank you again for your interest.

Glad the FSUIPC thing helped! I ran into that recently, actually, but with my brake axes.