Sign in to follow this  
xjimix

Autopilot not arming at all (IRS?)

So I just had this very strange thing happen to me. I was doing a short flight and everything went ok on the ground before take off. After TO I wanted to arm AP and for some reason it won't let me. After a while I noticed that the displays on F/O's side didn't work (it looked like the IRS was not aligned) but displays on my side all worked fine. Now I'm not sure if the displays weren't working on the ground but I had to realign IRS twice before taking off because I accidentally flicked left IRS to off instead of setting it to align.

Any ideas what went wrong? Is this IRS fault? :)

Nick Johnson

Any ideas what went wrong? Is this IRS fault? :)

IRS fault from seat to yoke interface, yeah.

If you accidentally do something, you should intentionally fix it before getting airborne.

Kyle Rodgers

I did fix it or at least thought I fixed it. I turned both IRS switches to off and then aligned them again. Should I do anything else?

Nick Johnson

I did fix it or at least thought I fixed it. I turned both IRS switches to off and then aligned them again. Should I do anything else?

The IRS was fully aligned on both sides prior to moving the aircraft? From your earlier comment of "I'm not sure if the displays weren't working on the ground but I had to realign IRS twice before taking off because I accidentally flicked left IRS to off instead of setting it to align," it appears that you might not have paid full attention to the completion of the spin up. Both sides need to be fully aligned.

Kyle Rodgers