Sign in to follow this  
chintzo

How many hard drives?

Hi all.

I'm changing all of my hard drives to give me a more organised and hopefully smoother system and i'm looking for advice on which to use on what software.

I have a 240GB SSD, 1TB SSHD and 2x 500GB HDD. 

My plan was to use the SSD for windows, SSHD for Steam and FSX:SE and one of the others for music, photos and crap. Question is do I dump all of the add-ons on the SSHD along with steam and FSX:SE or should it go on the remaining drive? Some of my add-ons are downloaded from steam such as 4x VFR Scenery England. I don't know if that means it all has to stick together.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

Roy

I agree with your plan. Windows and any programs such as Office etc on the SSD. You can put everything FSX related onto the SSHD. Keep the two 500 GB drives for your other stuff such as your documents, music and photos. Don't plug both 500GB HDD discs in unless you need both.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Don't plug both 500GB HDD discs in unless you need both.

Thanks Greg, smart thinking. There's no need for me to waste valuable resources, generate extra heat and cause any additional noise.

I might use one as an external backup drive.