Sign in to follow this  
dhenriques

Site Trim Wheel Driver problem (need a W7/64 guru using the wheel please

(Site in subject should read Saitek of course. Hate spell checkers ! :-)))

Saitek Trim Wheel/ Windows 7/64 system/Driver is recognizing trim wheel on every boot.

Background on this;
 Connected to USB 2.0 port directly into a Jetline dedicated FSX system with all updating working perfectly. Used latest Saitek driver from their website. Installed driver exactly as directed by Mad Katz.
Wheel shows working perfectly both in Windows and in FSX. Not using FSUIPC. All FSX settings for the wheel show perfectly. All default axis and button assignments deleted. Only Trim axis for elevator assigned for wheel. No conflicts with other controllers. All checked and deleted where needed. Have reinstalled driver several times same result. USB port is on line and working properly.   Problem is that the wheel works perfectly but has to be rotated each time a new boot is performed on the system. Takes only a few inches of wheel movement to get Windows to recognize it but that has to be done. Once done the wheel works perfectly in FSX. Tried every suggestion by Mad Katz support but same result. The Saitek driver simply will not make a permanent link with the trim wheel.
Any suggestions? I'd really like to solve this if anyone has dealt with this exact issue and solved it.
Much appreciated.
Dudley Henriques

Same here. I think this is a 'feature', as I am sure I have seen others report the same behaviour. I never installed a Saitek driver, so maybe that's a factor.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Same for me under Prepar3d3. However, I recall, once upon a time the trim wheel worked immediately without previous rotations. Must have been in my previous life.

Not using any of the buggy Saitek drivers at present as well. I got rid of the recent Win10 beta drivers which I tried, after they disconnected my yoke and I had to take the jumpseat after half an hour of flight.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11