Sign in to follow this  
franky60

Pb voxatc when 2 rwy whose one with no SID/STAR

Hello,

I use Voxatc and in all it works well but I have a pb when I use an airport with 2 runways whose one has not a SID (because it's not an IFR runway). Following the wind, Voxatc can choose the runway who has not a SID and give me a real but a wrong SID (the SID exists but Voxatc choose a SID haphazard therefore that not follows my flight plan).So, following the wind, sometime Voxatc choose the good runway with the good SID from my flight plan and sometime Voxatc choose the wrong runway and in this case the SID is not correct regarding to my flight plan.

Someone has already had this type of mistake?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Franck. 

Yes, i have the same problem.

Voxatc have many bugs with the active runway, and SiD/ START.

Contact developer and lets hope he repair some day.

I wrote to the developer and he's going to try to fix it. he said he's going to send me a config file apparently not for all the airports which have the probleme but the airport where I take off usually...wait and see!!

If you always fly in the same airport you are lucky and he can solve your problem. But i fly many airports (no default airports) and i have problems with SID / STARs and active runways.

i wait for a new patch, lets see if the developer can solve some of my problems.

I agree with you it's a pb even if my departure is always on the same airport because I explained to him that no doubt  I would have a pb if I land on an airport with 2 runways of which one is not IFR(for the STAR). I think he understood...

But my problem is not only with no IFR runways. Is almost with all airports with more than one runway.

For exemple sometimes i listen the ATIS and it toldme the active runway, but then when in the clearence, the SID is for another runway... And then when i request the taxi instructions they send me to another runway...

This happend to me even with the wind calm ( less than 5knots) so i do mot know if is because the metar change (i use ASN weather engine) o just because the SID is assigned wrong by voxatc.

The thing is i always fly in big airports with more than one runway, and i never fly delault fsx airports.

I supose the people that fly in airports with only one runway do not have this problem.

Someone told me to try modify the AFCAD file for avoid this errors, but i have more that 40 payware airports and i do not want to do it, also it can cuse some problems.

Instead of modify all my AFCAD files is not more easy to just modify voxatc?

it is not Voxt faults, it is an AFCAD issue. the AFCAD was set improperly, all VOX does is reading the AFCAD

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

it is not Voxt faults, it is an AFCAD issue. the AFCAD was set improperly, all VOX does is reading the AFCAD

¿All the FlyTampa airports have issues with the AFCAD?

¿All the aerosoft airports have problems with tha AFCAD also?

I do not think so, the problem is fom voxatc

when I say problem with an AFCAD I don't mean there is an actual problem in the AFCAD. it means it doesn't contains the information needed for Vox to do it's job.

and yes, Aerosoft and Flytampa in many cases don't include this information that Vox needs in the AFCAD. it is not the 1st time I had to fix their AFCADs to contain some missing information.

However it is not only Aerosoft/flytampa to blame. it is also the FSX/P3D engine on how it works and the ability and limitations on what you can reflect in the AFCAD.

there is no way to set int the AFCAD what RWY to use based on flight type, such as VFR/IFR.

you can't expect Vox to try and guess what RWY to assign you if no one can provide this information to the Vox engine.

in the AFCAD it states that both RWYs are in use for T/O, Vox will pick them randomly as there is no other governance to provide a guide line when to use what.

and for sure I don't expect Vox to know each and every Airport what is the best practices of what RWY to use. it must base it on the AFCAD

and that is the AFCAD limitations, not Vox.

Joel Strikovsky

I know FSX have a problem to select tha active runways in airports with multiple runways.

FSX use the AFCAD in this case only for select the active runway for me, and for the AI traffic.

But because voxatc has his own AI traffic, own atc, atis, ecc, i think he was able to avoid this problem, and menege tha active runway better, but they just copy the FSX mistakes.

For exemple, if a runway do not have any SID is because is only use for VFR or because the runway is close for departure. Even the AFCAD say the runway is acive for departures, do not assign this runway to a IFR traffic.

I know voxatc can not handle every situation, but it can do a much better job, because he have his own AI traffic and ATC.

But anyway, why do you think the problem that i have is a AFCAD issue?

For exemple, in LEBL airport:

ATIS say active runway is 25L

I get a SID for the 25L

Finally the atc give me instructios to taxi to 07R

The wind was 2knots (wind calm) I use ASN.

You got some inaccuracies in your assumptions

I'll try and start
1. not every Runway has a SID/STAR even though they are both used for IFR. here is one. VTBS in Bangkok 01L / 01R , both are used only for commercial flights but yet
one of them has a STAR while the other doesn't and vice versa , one has a STAR while the other is R/V based.
same with OTHH, Hamad Intl airport in Qatar. take an example RWY 16L/R departure to MUXOP, 16R has a SID while 16L doesn't, but both are for IFR flights only.
I can give you tons of examples...
Why this fact is important?
because the claim that VoxATC can be "smart" and give you the right runway if you are a VFR or IFR based on the existence of SID is invalid, it can't as there is no World wide standard.

2. regarding AI, Vox doesn't change the AI behavior, it only spawns it for you, but FSX is still the AI engine that drives it. but that is not relevant either.
how would Vox handle the active runway better as you say, if it doesn't know what is the active runway? the only way it could know is based on AFCAD....
vox also doesn't have a way to know which one is for VFR and which one is for IFR, it can guess, but then Vox will miss other stuff at other airports that don't follow this logic and you'll get complains here the the way around.

In other words what you are asking for, is for VoxATC to search & discover NOTAMS around the world and practice them.
bottom line Vox can't manage the runways better as they don't have the info of each airport and runway in use and not in use of each and every airport in the world, nor do they have the info of best practices based on countries, etc. never the less not to mention keeping track with changes.

we are back to AFCAD then :wink:

Joel Strikovsky

1- i understand is no world standart, but why voxatc give me a SID for one runway ant then send me to take off in other runway. And what have to do with the AFCAD?

2- this is not true i think, in the last patch he change the speed of AI traffic, i think voxatc not only control when spawn a AI traffic. Also the trafic follow the SID/STAR.

I'm not fully agree with you  because ATC from FSX in IFR condition always choose the right runway even if there is an another one which is not IFR while Voxatc doesn't choose the same runway as FSX(so, choose the wrong runway).But I agree with you when you said that Voxatc doesn't know where to look for this information.

The issue is how to provide this information in Voxatc?

How to modify the AFCAD and where is it

Anyway, the developer sent me a config file to assign the right IFR runway in Voxatc and it works (but we have to create a .XLM file for each airports which have this issue from the file he sent me)