Sign in to follow this  
GCM9386

Preflight - Setting Takeoff Trim

I have searched the forums using every keyword I can think of, yet I can't seem to find someone else who has had this problem.

I cannot move the trim at all manually. I have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. In FSX, I have set Elevator Trim Down using CTRL+7 or Button 3. Elevator Trim Up uses CTRL+1 or Button 2. (The keypresses used to be set at Num7 and Num1, but those change views).

Now, the keypresses don't work on any airplane. The joystick buttons work fine on the default Cessna 172 and Beechcraft Baron, but they don't work with the 737NGX or the 777. It never bothered me in the NGX because I could move the trim wheel with the mouse, but that isn't available in the 777. If I click on the trim lever, it pops backwards or forwards and immediately returns to it's original position.

I'm sure I'm either doing something wrong or I have a setting messed up somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg Mumbach

Greg Mumbach

I'm sure I'm either doing something wrong or I have a setting messed up somewhere. Any ideas?

1. Key command's repeat value must be above the lowest mark
  2. Ensure the hydraulics have power

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thank you. I knew it would be something simple. I had been attempting to set the trim just after using the CDU to program the FMC. When I moved the Set Trim item to the After Start section of my checklist, the joystick buttons worked fine (hydraulics!). My checklist is my own creation, and I had used my 737NGX checklist as a template. That resulted in bringing over something that worked in one aircraft, but not the other.

The key commands still don't work, and the repeat value is at the halfway point, but I'm OK with using the joystick buttons.

Thanks for your help!

Greg

Greg Mumbach

Thank you. I knew it would be something simple. I had been attempting to set the trim just after using the CDU to program the FMC. When I moved the Set Trim item to the After Start section of my checklist, the joystick buttons worked fine (hydraulics!). My checklist is my own creation, and I had used my 737NGX checklist as a template. That resulted in bringing over something that worked in one aircraft, but not the other.

I just jumped into the 777 after not having flown it in quite some time and thought to myself "where are those start switches...?" I know the feeling of being out of place very well - haha.

The key commands still don't work, and the repeat value is at the halfway point, but I'm OK with using the joystick buttons.

Set them full right.

Kyle Rodgers