Sign in to follow this  
young923

PMDG777 Reverse thrust cannot be activated after touch down in P3Dv3

Hi

I got problem with thrust reverse in P3Dv3. The aircraft fails to reverse thrust once touching down with A/T engaged but does it seconds later. I bring my Saitek throttles back to idle but engines cannot drop to idle immediately. A/T Flare Idle Override is set On in Option. However, the reverse works well if A/T is disengaged before landing. I am not sure if it is a bug or something. Does someone has the same issue?

Hi I got problem with thrust reverse in P3Dv3. The aircraft fails to reverse thrust once touching down with A/T engaged but does it seconds later. I bring my Saitek throttles back to idle but engines cannot drop to idle immediately. A/T Flare Idle Override is set On in Option. However, the reverse works well if A/T is disengaged before landing. I am not sure if it is a bug or something. Does someone has the same issue?

Full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.

Check your calibration. If your hardware doesn't actually sit back at the physical idle, you will run into problems unless you hit F1 a few times before F2.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your answer. The joystick is calibrated OK. I have to hit F2 repeatedly every time landing. But I have question. PMDG737 works well as well in P3Dv3. And about PMDG77 I have no such issue in P3Dv2 and FSX.

Thanks for your answer. The joystick is calibrated OK. I have to hit F2 repeatedly every time landing. But I have question. PMDG737 works well as well in P3Dv3. And about PMDG77 I have no such issue in P3Dv2 and FSX.

This was discussed extensively and a handful of people including myself submitted support tickets. There was a small bug in a previous version of the B777 preventing thrust reverse from coming on before nose gear touchdown, which was ultimately corrected.

In any case, due to the limitations of FSX/P3D, the way flight/gorund idle was implemented the only solution to getting reverse activated the moment throttles are at idle and main gear is on the ground, is to hold down F1 and then hold F2 to enable reverse.

The flight idle transitions to ground idle (within a few seconds).

My fool proof system:

1: at 30-20 feet AGL, hold down F1

2: While still holding down F1 at main landing gear touchdown, also hold down F2. 

3: When REV indicates on EICAS, release F1. If you want Idle REV, also release F2 as soon as REV indicates. If you want more than Idle REV, keep holding down or tapping F2 until you reach the intended REV setting or full reverse.

This was discussed extensively and a handful of people including myself submitted support tickets. There was a small bug in a previous version of the B777 preventing thrust reverse from coming on before nose gear touchdown, which was ultimately corrected.

In any case, due to the limitations of FSX/P3D, the way flight/gorund idle was implemented the only solution to getting reverse activated the moment throttles are at idle and main gear is on the ground, is to hold down F1 and then hold F2 to enable reverse.

The flight idle transitions to ground idle (within a few seconds).

My fool proof system:

1: at 30-20 feet AGL, hold down F1

2: While still holding down F1 at main landing gear touchdown, also hold down F2. 

3: When REV indicates on EICAS, release F1. If you want Idle REV, also release F2 as soon as REV indicates. If you want more than Idle REV, keep holding down or tapping F2 until you reach the intended REV setting or full reverse.

But the reverse works well with A/T disengaged. I pull back my joystick to idle at 30-20 feet AGL. Then hold down F2 and reverse works as long as main gear touchdown.

BTW, I notice something strange. The throttle indication changes on EICAS sometimes while the aircraft is taxiing on the ground with A/T engaged. But I do not change the throttle physically with hardware. I don't know why? It is a normal behavior?

But the reverse works well with A/T disengaged. I pull back my joystick to idle at 30-20 feet AGL. Then hold down F2 and reverse works as long as main gear touchdown.

BTW, I notice something strange. The throttle indication changes on EICAS sometimes while the aircraft is taxiing on the ground with A/T engaged. But I do not change the throttle physically with hardware. I don't know why? It is a normal behavior?

Correct, tapping F2 once activates reverse idle immediately when landing without A/T active. That is the reason. A/T active requires the steps mentioned in my post above.

A/T cannot be active when you are taxing. So I assume you mean when it is armed? In any case there should be no I commanded throttle movement whatsoever and hence no change in the EICAS N1. You most likely have some axis spiking going on, or another axis linked to one/both engines. Check your assignments.