Sign in to follow this  
CFII_Carl

Prepar3d 3.1 and 737NGX

Good morning...just wanted to let everyone know that I upgraded to Prepar3d 3.1 last night via first deleting the client and content portions of Prepar3d and then reinstalling the updated 3.1 client and content MSIs.  All went well, except now the 737NGX is not responding to several "click spots" and I can't release the parking brake either w/ the keyboard, the click spot, or my saitek rudder pedals.

Everything work great prior to the 3.1 update.

Any suggestions?

Carl

Any suggestions?

Hey Carl,

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

The first items I'd check are here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

My bet is #1, but #2 could be possible, especially if you didn't know there was an update that allows it to install into 3.1 natively and are trying to shoehorn it in with a migration tool. Speaking of, if you have a migration tool installed, this can interfere with the NGX even without using it directly on the NGX, as those tools are built to play games with the registry to make things believe that they're being installed in different versions of a sim, while telling it to install in the new sim directory. If that sounds confusing, keep in mind that computers are pretty simple machines: without specific and clear instructions, they're pretty worthless and bad things happen.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Carl,

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

The first items I'd check are here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

My bet is #1, but #2 could be possible, especially if you didn't know there was an update that allows it to install into 3.1 natively and are trying to shoehorn it in with a migration tool. Speaking of, if you have a migration tool installed, this can interfere with the NGX even without using it directly on the NGX, as those tools are built to play games with the registry to make things believe that they're being installed in different versions of a sim, while telling it to install in the new sim directory. If that sounds confusing, keep in mind that computers are pretty simple machines: without specific and clear instructions, they're pretty worthless and bad things happen.

Yes...that worked.  Thank you.