Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Blurry Text at KLAX

Hi I'm trying to cover all my bases,so hope someone might be able to help

I have both P3dv3 and FSX installed and I also have FSDT KLAX ,Orbx Global and SCA installed.

I have renamed the entries in SCA for KLAX,as advised on the Orbx site but I'm still getting Blurry text at the Cargo area

Sorry its drop box but here are the pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8qsf1prd71yo02/p3d%20klax.jpg?dl=0 this is how I see things using P3d

and in FSX it looks like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4e52u0qffrcl485/klax%20fsx.jpg?dl=0

I have no idea why

My best guess is that some scenery is bleeding through in P3d but I don't know in which folders to look

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Pete Little

Can't see you photos as they require a log in, but FSDT KLAX requires that the setting be set to 4096 for some of the textures to not be blurred. The reason being is that they used some 4096 texture sheets to load more textures into one sheet to reduce draw calls, which essentially when set at 4096 loads those crammed textures to actually display at 1024, but if you have your texture Max load set lower than 4096 then they will probably be displayed at 256 or 512 which will appear blurry.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Many thanks for that

I just checked and I've got it set at 1024,boosted it to 4096 and all is well

I chkd my fsx cfg and that has the texture load set at 4096  so would explain why that was sharp.

Problem now solved thanks,will check now if theres a big differences in fps

Pete Little