Sign in to follow this  
Gary

VOXATX and PMDG B737NG Issue.

Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me please. I am new to forums so please forgive if this is not the correct procedure.

I have installed the demo version of VOXATC version 6.52 but I am having a problem with the PMDG B737NG. Once I load the VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppley.FLT with the FSX default C172 or the iFly B737NG everything in the cockpit is OK, but if I change the aircraft from the C172 to the PMDG B737NG I get the following:

In 2D mode various items are missing i.e. autopilot on/off switch, landing gear knob, various instrument panels are elongated and therefore you cannot read them, no knobs/switches are clickable (I just get a mouse pointer rather than a hand). The FMC also seems to be missing when you click the "hotspot.

In VC mode the joysticks are very low and do not "look right" and again all knobs/switches are not clickable even on the overhead panels throttle quadrant etc. To make matters worse it loads in a cold and dark state and seeing you can not click any knobs it is impossible to go any further. 

I have also noticed that if I try and do voice training by using the Flight Plan Trainer and browsing to the VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppley.FLT when I open it I get the error message "The given path's format is not supported".

Could somebody please help me with this as I do use the PMDG B737NG all the time.

Setup:

Windows XP SP3

Microsoft FSX

VOXATX V6.52

Kind regards,

Gary

If you have trouble with missing clickable buttons etc with PMDG aircraft, they suggest you check all the simconnect.msi files have been installed,(in FSX I think they are in the SDK, which is on one of the install discs), and also start with only the PMDG aircraft loaded into memory, in other words don't start with one aircraft and then choose a PMDG one.

The PMDG support area on their website, and read-me files that come with the aircraft, have  hints and tips about these sort of issues.

In the far off past when I used FSX, I remember PMDG said you should start with a default aircraft, but now it seems best to start with the PMDG aircraft you intend to fly, rather than change it after loading the sim.

This is certainly the case with P3D, but perhaps not with FSX. 

I may well be wrong but  I doubt it is something to do with Voxatc that is causing the problem.

Thank you for your reply John,

I think it is a issue with VOXATC as the aircraft loaded correctly before I installed VOXATC. If it is a SDK issue how do I install these files?

By the way, I have just tried it again with the iFly aircraft and all I hear now is "Blah Blah" when the controller answers me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Gary

I do not have this problems with voxatc and pmdg737NGX.

Delete the vox panel from the 737ngx and try again.

Gary, the SDK files are installed from either the FSX Acceleration DVD if you have it, or disc2 of the original FSX discs, if I remember correctly, but as you suggest that may not be your problem.

The SDKs are installed in the C:\ drive and once you find them, there should be files called simconnect.msi in there, that have to be used to install the simconnect files into the sim and Windows.

I never had any trouble with the NGX and Voxatc in FSX using Windows 7 but I can't speak for XP.

The problem with click spots etc in P3D is due to not starting with the NGX,or 777, or missing simconnect files.

Thank you guys for your help.

I have now found the problem. The PMDG folder within FSX was read only. Removed read only attribute and all switches came back and are now clickable.

Still do not understand why the controller voice disappeared but by installing the additional voices from the VOXATC website and using them everything seems OK now. Just a shame I have used my weeks valuation period up trying to get this to work!

Thanks again for your help.

Gary