Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Misty Fjords crash - missing bgl

Hi. I just bought Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords & VancouverX 1.1 (all currently on sale). I also installed the UT patch for Misty Fjords.

I noted here though:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/51952-fs9-crash-near-kitimat-cbw2/

that there is an error in the file 0_UT_RR913120.bgl. I have also decompiled it and can see the .mp instead of .bmp. Unfortunately the bgl decompiles to an asm file (which I don't know how to recompile via the FS2004 SDK), rather than an .sca file.... so I have just disabled the 0_UT_RR913120.bgl file.

The download links for the replacement file are now broken. I wonder if anyone could post the file, if they have it, or tell me how to decompile/recompile this bgl myself (I am fine with most bgls, which decompile to sca files or a series of mdl files - I have no idea what to do with the asm file though: trying to recompile with scasm doesn't work).

Thanks!

I've just decompiled the same .bgl using bglana31, then recompiled the .asm file with sca296. Just drag and drop the .asm file onto the scasm.exe icon and the .bgl file appears in the same folder.

Hi. Thanks. Yes, I did that before, but mine is not compiling properly - if you compile via a command prompt you can see there are lots of errors and the resulting bgl file is about 10 times smaller than the original. Most of the information has gone - it should be the same size. Same result by just dragging the asm file to the scasm.exe...

Could you kindly check your before/after file sizes?

M.

You're right, and my .bgl is the fixed one dated 2007. It must be copy protected, if you PM your email to me I'll zip it over to you.