Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How to make the taxi light visible from the cockpit?

None of the threads I have read from Googling this have helped, so far...

I can see the landing lights from my cockpit (in this case Mike Stone's Lockheed TriStar), blindingly so (no good for taxiing), but the taxi light, bright from the exterior, doesn't illuminate anything from the cockpit, so taxiing after dark isn't really possible.

I tried changing the taxi light for the landing light fx file (in the aircraft.cfg panel), but when used as a taxi light (I set it to no. "6" so that it comes on OK when I switch on the taxi light in the cockpit) the landing light doesn't illuminate the a/c's path at all, as it does when used as a landing light, so it's not inherent to the fx file itself.

So what is the parameter that makes the landing lights illuminate the runway from cockpit view, but not the taxi lights?

Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Martin, the landing light/taxi light splash which is visible from the cockpit is built into the model itself and can't be edited.

Yes, I thought that was a likely answer. :mad: Not wanting to look gift horses in their mouths, but I wonder why designers make a/c where the taxi light is invisible from the cockpit - makes taxiing virtually impossible after dark! I guess I could replace the landing light with something a bit less brilliant...

Thanks. :smile: