Sign in to follow this  
Germania

Can't enter FMS

G'evening,

i now bought the S550 and want to start it up. Started in Cold and Dark, (even if i spawn with everything on) in the FMS i cant enter anything.. if I go to FPL, Page 2 and click top left LSK, i can enter SBFV (for example) but if i press ENTER it deletes. Even on Page 1 it happens.. can u help me?

Thanks

The flight model of the S550 is awesome, feels like the real aircraft.. I have flown the real thing.

But the FMS even with the Navigraph update is crap.

Too bad Carenado can't hire a good programmer to do that portion of the aircraft, it would be perfect.

Anyways, for you to enter departure and arrival airport first go to the Flight plan page 1. You have a Line 1 and 2.

Press 1 Enter the departure airport on line 1 then press the ENTER BUTTON on the keypad.

Press 2 Enter the arrival airport.

After that go to Menu and select departure runway and SID, after done go back to MENU and select ARRIVAL and select arrival STAR transition, etc.

After that go to flightplan and click over the waypoint you want to start inserting your route and enter a fix one by one. You can't enter airways, only FIXES, VORs (some of them are not even in the db) and NDBs.

Don't forget to set up your altitude for each waypoint. The FMS doesn't do it automatically nor there is a place to enter the current FL.

After that takeoff and in the autopilot enable VNAV (this enables NAV as well) and will fly the FMS setting.

Hope this helps.

Very complicated FMS, it's easier the real one on the plane.

Regards,

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg