Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Hi.

i am still interested in getting a plane spotter camera without compromising EZCA and thought maybe Avatar modemode could do it for a start but i cant control anything in this mode. Anyone having succes with this? . Pushback etc

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone having succes with this?

Not sure what you mean, you can't control the Avatar view?  If so, bring up Controls dialog, you will see axes assignments specific to avatar mode on ALL your devices, adjust assignments and remove as needed.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

What i want has nothing to do with the axis for the Avatar but using normal shortcuts like CTRL+F12 to control a pushback from GSX or something simular like Shift-P.

Like this i can place the avatar at the gate and look at the pushback.

I think i saw a video where someone is looking at engine start with the avatar so it should be possible.

Hope you get it

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Interesting ... I think I know what you mean and yes it should be possible.  One obvious option is to initiate push back via GSX menu, then switch to Avatar mode and walk with the wing walker.  But I think what you want it to do the inspection and trigger push back while still in avatar mode.  Should be possible.

Technically, the avatar guy can also interact with any object (aircraft, vehicle, etc.) so long as that object defines external attach points and animation triggers.  World of possibilities is pretty open and I'm sure lots of devs are looking into those possibilities.

I think we're going to see a lot more avatar mode usage in the future with models that can be fully interactive ... let 3PD's creativity flow.  P3D also has speed trees which I'd expect to see bring about all kinds of new animation veggie objects (and others) to the virtual world.  FT's Corfu used the default Speed Trees library very effectively, so I'm sure we'll see more coming down the line as products are released.

Cheers, Rob.

I think we're going to see a lot more avatar mode usage in the future with models that can be fully interactive

I wonder if A2A is trying to include the avatar mode in their preflight inspection? This would add to the realism IMO.

I wonder if A2A is trying to include the avatar mode in their preflight inspection?

I'm not aware of any plans to do that ... but it would be a good fit, they'd just need to add those external points to their model with appropriate animations.

Cheers, Rob.