Sign in to follow this  

I am interested in ASN for my multiple-PC system running P3D v2.5. One PC is the "server" and the other two are "clients" dedicated to displaying external views. The system is networked together by Opus FSI, with FSIserver.exe running on the server system and FSIclient.exe running on the client systems. I currently get my "weather" from OpusFSI running on the server system.

My question is, is this type of system compatible with running ASN? If running ASN on the "server", would the weather be "echoed" to the client systems for external views? Would the client systems need to run ASN as well?

Apologies in advance if these questions are not well-phrased.

Appreciate any guidance.

-Henry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am interested in ASN for my multiple-PC system running P3D v2.5. One PC is the "server" and the other two are "clients" dedicated to displaying external views. The system is networked together by Opus FSI, with FSIserver.exe running on the server system and FSIclient.exe running on the client systems. I currently get my "weather" from OpusFSI running on the server system.

My question is, is this type of system compatible with running ASN? If running ASN on the "server", would the weather be "echoed" to the client systems for external views? Would the client systems need to run ASN as well?

Appreciate any guidance.

-Henry

Not familiar with P3D2, or Opus. But I recently set up ASN on my network. The client PC actually 'mirrors' what you would see on the Server. All the set up  info is in their very detailed manual. You do have to navigate SimConnect to enter IP number, etc in the Server Sim.config file. Also, you set up a .xml file on the Client PC  and place  it in My Documents folder.

From the client ASN gives you the same functionality as Server ASN.

Doug

Appreciate any guidance.

-Henry

Assuming you would not be using 2 OPUS and ASN?